Boy-go-fast?

GoldenMotor.com

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I have purchased probably 60 2 stroke kits and a few 4 stroke kits from BGF. The only problem I have ever had was a streak of bad CDIs and I really don`t think he had any control over them since the boxes were never opened since they left China! he just stores them until sold and then puts a mailer sticker on them and away they go. So don`t blame him...blame China and just admit that you are buying the least expensive kits out there and should expect the quality of ALL parts to NOT be there!
Blame China...BS. First they decided to buy these kits for around $60.00 per unit, then as they should, re sell at a profit. They KNOW that the kits have issues with them., not unknown to them, but put out a warranty that they no intention to honor. My issue was in 3/2009, they may in fact come to there scenes and treating the customers better. When my coil went out I didn't blame luckyearlybird, but it was one of those things. I had no problem with communication, told her of my situation, ordered both a CDI and coil, and told her that I'd be returning the defective part when I figured out which one was defective. That is (after receiving my order) when she told me that she wouldn't warranty the part, although the warranty is listed and was notified with in the proper time.

As much as the ratings...most are put up before the end of the warranty time...I did not rate the product till the engine was installed, gave a good report, THEN in 3 days had problems with her...

Buying any engine made in China (that was my first) just be aware that you buy it as is, should the vender make adjustments, consider yourself lucky.

Personally my first (purchased from LEB) HT was the only one out of 6 that I had factory issues with. Also that every vendor would need to go out of business before I bought another item from them, but that's me.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
i bought a replacement engine from bgf back in april and feel that i got more than what i paid for. ordered what i thought was a 66cc, what arrived was a 68.5cc. Plus! pulled it out of the box and noticed that it had the wider front engine mount, which meant it would fit on my bike with no rigging. Plus! after installing, noticed that even without an expansion chamber and a top speed of only 22 at that time, this engine felt like a monster when it pulled you down the road. Plus! since installing the expansion chamber, gained 10 mph. Yet another plus! Sorry, but it doesnt look like i will be jumping on the boycott bandwagon anytime soon!
This was me, under a different username, which the mods are already aware of. Over a year later, I still have the same engine, and it is still running like a champ. I am not completely satisified with the performance of my pipe anymore, but that isn't the engine's fault. The engine itself still performs just as great as it did the day I made the quoted post.

kallsop

May 2, 2009
CT US
BGF sells the same cheap junk as most everyone else, doesn't claim anything different. On the high end, you may get a primo kit that is barely usable for a short while (these are disposable China Girls LOL), or on the low end, a complete turd. Either way, you will get bare bones support. If you want to step up in service level to, say, someone like thatsdax who will sincerely support the warranty, you pay more. But then some folks complain he is selling the same stuff at higher prices. You can't please everyone. You can only smile at what some expect from the bare bones suppliers such as BGF.

I went through I think 3 China Girl kits in total, maybe one from ebay/BGF. The pot metal engines make for a great case study on how to hold metal together just long enough to sell it. It was my sons hobby bike and we had fun with it. If you need a reliable ride, look elsewhere.

locell

Jan 16, 2010
mesa
It's Common that people only post reviews or comments when they feel they have been ripped-off or shorted in some way.

If the service/product is satisfactory they wont say anything.

It looks like boy-go-fast has fallen into this type of situation.

locell

Jan 16, 2010
mesa
Yes, you have to assume its kinda hard to give any higher level of customer service when you are basically distributing something that you have no control over its production quality.

I ordered a kit from bikeberry and I got ZERO customer service from them, infact when I contacted them via telephone they suggested i buy another motor, and told me quote "you are **** out of luck buddy"

It seems like its the same with boy-go-fast, but I have never purchased from them

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I put 40 miles on my bgf48 cc Sunday with no problems, I do as a lot of people here do I dissassembled mine and cleaned and checked everything then replace what is needed sand the head and cyld trimmed the piston skirt and then reassemble. Some may say that's a lot of work but it works.@

maintenancenazi

Oct 22, 2011
Asheville
Well, whats that old saying, two out of three ain't bad? I have bought a total of three engines ( two from kits, and one replacement engine only ) from BGF. And the very first one was a total POS turd. It ran for a total of five minutes before the crank bearings went south. Turns out it was the typical " bad " crankshaft that was warped way beyond usefulness. The other two, well I have to say they have been damn near outstanding, considering the money spent. These both are very strong runners, and I have been switching between these two for over 6 months now, and I use my MB for daily transportation, and a commuter. Yes these engines are cheap, yes these engines are all a crap shoot, as well as a pig in a poke. But if ( and most likely ) you get one with a fairly good bottom end. You will get a good service life from them, IF you carefully inspect, reassemble, and maintain them.

That said, these little HT's are not for everyone, certainly not the unwashed masses. But with some care, attention, and TLC. Most should meet with the same success....

Peace, James

kla63

Jul 15, 2009
NEW HAMSHIRE
i too have had nothing but good service from him!!!! boy go fast has good products in my book !!! know complaints !!!!!

kla63

Jul 15, 2009
NEW HAMSHIRE
dance1dance1
I have been on this web site everyday for the last 5 months. I have heard what seems like nothing good about Boy-go-fast on ebay. So i will be blunt here.. I say lets all rise up against this guy and buy nothing from him until he sells what is in his pictures, calling people back when they have gottin a bad part and answering the phone/fax/cell/email or whatever when someone has a problem. This kind of salesmenship is not honest and we deserve better. I will not buy from him and i will tell other people to BEWARE! Sorry to go off like this but it drives me up a wall.
sorry about yor bad exp. i have had nothing but quality !!!! from boy go fast !!!!!!! buy from him all the time !!!! if you like like him that your opinion !!!! you don't have to Dawg his service !!!! shop else where !!! happy with his service never has he let me down!!!!dance1

uabflash

Aug 10, 2012
Destin, FL
I live near the beach in Destin, Fla. and these bikes are perfect for down here. I even have a little trailer rig that allows me to handle grocery runs and other errands. 35MPH on a bike at 120+ MPG is hard to beat! I got a kit from him a few months ago. It arrived quickly, was as advertised, assembled easily enough, and ran like a champ. I've had a few issues, which have been addressed in a timely manner. A friend saw my bike and asked me to build him one. Again, I ordered the kit, had positive results, and my friend was very happy. No one can be on top of everything 100% of the time, but this guy tries and seems to actually take customer service seriously. I'm thinking of getting a cheap beach cruiser bike and building another one, just so my girlfriend and I can go riding together. I'll get my kit from BoyGoFast, if I do.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
As I've said before, my experience was nothing but bad (over the phone). With all the negative remarks about them, I guess (hope) they changed their attitude toward customers. If so then it's for the betterment of our members.
Question...Have you ever had to contact them for anything? My experience was not about price, shipping, or the kit itself..it was about warranty.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Mine locked up 45 mins in. Never made it off the block. So I took the top end off and put on a GT-5 bottom end. It's got 1200 miles on it. My others are a PK-80 from pirate and another GT-5 from GASBIKE.net . I'll buy carb or all metal pullstarter, but not a motor. You buy a cheap motor it'll run like one. He sells B & C GRADE MOTORS. You get what you pay for . Both my motors turn upward 8000RPM before mods.