Boy-go-fast?

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I have ordered from BGF with very little problems. on one order I recieved a cdi instead of a gas tank cap, I sent him a e-mail to return the cdi and ask about the angled clutch arm at the same time. After he got the cdi back I got the gas cap and the angled clutch arm I had asked about plus the cost of shipping. He didn't have to do that but it was a good gesture on his part.

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
Everyone seems to have different experiences with BGF and LEB. They are in fact husband and wife. I ordered a replacement engine from BGF and it was a very positive experience. I do not believe that they are out to get over. They live on mainland China and probably dont speak very good english, which probably explains the limited amount of responses from either of them. All I know is I got a 68.5cc engine with the wider front mount for 90 bucks, it arrived earlier than I expected, and I have had it a year now with no problems save for having fried two ignition coils due to not having a gasket on my magneto cover, but thats not their fault, its mine. I have had 3 other engines, and this one is by far the best. I have no complaints whatsoever against bgf or leb.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Everyone seems to have different experiences with BGF and LEB. They are in fact husband and wife. I ordered a replacement engine from BGF and it was a very positive experience. I do not believe that they are out to get over. They live on mainland China and probably dont speak very good english, which probably explains the limited amount of responses from either of them. All I know is I got a 68.5cc engine with the wider front mount for 90 bucks, it arrived earlier than I expected, and I have had it a year now with no problems save for having fried two ignition coils due to not having a gasket on my magneto cover, but thats not their fault, its mine. I have had 3 other engines, and this one is by far the best. I have no complaints whatsoever against bgf or leb.
It really isn't the engine itself. All are pretty much alike. Why I won't do business with them is the fact that they "LIE". If you buy something out of my store, you need to be 100% satisfied with your purchase, money back/replacement...NO QUESTIONS ASKED. I don't even charge extra for shipping...except for return postage. Keeping your word is the way to do business, but I was brought up back when a handshake or your word meant SOMETHING.
Rant over.....

having fried two ignition coils due to not having a gasket on my magneto cover,
What does a gasket have to do with it...moisture?

Last edited:

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
yes. enough moisture will fry a coil. both times my coil went was after heavy rains. i would remove my magneto cover and water would drip out like it was poured out of a cup. i got some red rtv and no more water can get in there.

bigrskip

Jul 1, 2012
Kansas
I just bought a kit from bgf got exactly what I paid for and recieved the kit in 4 days.......So far it has performed well

Budz

Jan 16, 2012
Atlanta
I have been on this web site everyday for the last 5 months. I have heard what seems like nothing good about Boy-go-fast on ebay. So i will be blunt here.. I say lets all rise up against this guy and buy nothing from him until he sells what is in his pictures, calling people back when they have gottin a bad part and answering the phone/fax/cell/email or whatever when someone has a problem. This kind of salesmenship is not honest and we deserve better. I will not buy from him and i will tell other people to BEWARE! Sorry to go off like this but it drives me up a wall.
You are not alone!!!!! I have stopped.

Budz

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I have bought 8 HT kits and 1 HS kit and 2 solex clones and many spare/replacement parts from BGF in the last 3 years. I have had no unexpected problems with him or what he sells.
These are cheap china products. No matter where you buy them, it's a crapshoot. I always felt i got my money's worth.
I've heard plenty of horror stories here about many of the the other engine vendors too. Mostly people blaming the vendor for a shoddy product. Most vendors like BGF have the engines warehoused here in the states in the original factory boxes and they never see them. These things are cheaply priced,but I always felt like I got my money's worth.
I reccomend him as mush as any other vendor.
Sure, you can pay more from a vendor who inspects them, but I've heard bad stories about them too.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
If you buy with a visa you can dispute the charges that gets most vendors attention if not give them a bad review on Ebay. Last time I saw BGF had like a 98% rating on Ebay. I still prefer to shop with Pirate and if I had the bux a built in USA product. If my ship comes in I intend to build a motorized Worksman bike with an electric push trailer like this on http://www.ebay.com/itm/e-bike-kit-...326?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4167ffcfa6

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
This is Ebay's rating of BGF numbers don't lie everyone has disgruntled customers

Recent Feedback ratings (last 12 months)
Click for help
1 month 6 months 12 months
Positive feedback rating Positive 813 3842 6526
Neutral feedback rating Neutral 6 37 69
Negative feedback rating Negative 15 72 100

Detailed seller ratings (last 12 months)
Click for help
Criteria Average rating Number of ratings
Item as described StarStarStarStarStar 4276
Communication StarStarStarStarStar 4383
Shipping time StarStarStarStarStar 4558
Shipping and handling charges StarStarStarStarStar 4492

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Edited on 7-14 Look at the guys sales numbers last month 834 sales with 15 negative ratings dealing in the cheaper quality kits we all know everyone has that sells HT kits. 3941 Sales with 72 negative the last 6 months. I don't know how bad or good those numbers are to most folks but IMO that's a lot of HT kits goin out he is a major supplier.

Last edited:

Cavi Mike

Dec 17, 2011
Rochester, NY
Interesting that a single post of mine will get deleted but an entire hate thread gets to stay.

Everyone loves to say "they refuse to return emails" "they're rude on the phone" etc etc but there isn't any proof that you didn't act like a buffoon in the first place. A friend of mine does this crap all the time - buys something he knows nothing about - and then blames the seller because he can't get a college refresher course from him.

It's not the seller's fault. It's yours. That's all there is to it.

*edit* And I'll add again, I now buy everything from BGF for the plain and simple fact that people like you tell me not to. I've ordered an engine, a pull-start, a carburetor, 2 coils and a muffler from them. Everything came fast and in exactly the shape someone should expect for being the absolutely cheapest place you can find on the internet. Heck, in the whole damn country. You get what you pay for.

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Interesting that a single post of mine will get deleted but an entire hate thread gets to stay.

Everyone loves to say "they refuse to return emails" "they're rude on the phone" etc etc but there isn't any proof that you didn't act like a buffoon in the first place. A friend of mine does this crap all the time - buys something he knows nothing about - and then blames the seller because he can't get a college refresher course from him.

It's not the seller's fault. It's yours. That's all there is to it.

*edit* And I'll add again, I now buy everything from BGF for the plain and simple fact that people like you tell me not to. I've ordered an engine, a pull-start, a carburetor, 2 coils and a muffler from them. Everything came fast and in exactly the shape someone should expect for being the absolutely cheapest place you can find on the internet. Heck, in the whole damn country. You get what you pay for.
I concur!
I used to buy tons of stuff from Rick (BGF) before he stopped selling to CA... I've never had a single problem with him or the quality of his products. :)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
This is not a "hate thread" If it were, it would not be here.

The difference between the post removed and your second was the wording.

Your second post did not include "but you really expect this guy to hold your hand because you don't know anything? What's wrong with you guys?" & "Clearly the problem is you guys."

Insulting members is not acceptable.

Given the time of your post, I deleted it as much as a favor to you as it was to keep in accordance with a polite and family friendly atmosphere.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=2

Thanks for your understanding.

Dan

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
This is not a "hate thread" If it were, it would not be here.

The difference between the post removed and your second was the wording.

Your second post did not include "but you really expect this guy to hold your hand because you don't know anything? What's wrong with you guys?" & "Clearly the problem is you guys."

Insulting members is not acceptable.

Given the time of your post, I deleted it as much as a favor to you as it was to keep in accordance with a polite and family friendly atmosphere.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=2

Thanks for your understanding.

Dan
What he said was accurate, but it could have been said with more tact :~)

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
I have purchased probably 60 2 stroke kits and a few 4 stroke kits from BGF. The only problem I have ever had was a streak of bad CDIs and I really don`t think he had any control over them since the boxes were never opened since they left China! he just stores them until sold and then puts a mailer sticker on them and away they go. So don`t blame him...blame China and just admit that you are buying the least expensive kits out there and should expect the quality of ALL parts to NOT be there!