Blood Thursty!

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Velo thanks for posting that i got to save some closeup shots of the rear springs. I plan on doing some on a bike like that,have the bending fourm allready made.
You made my day.........Now to find the right motor...........Curt

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I just looked at the Indian frame velo posted about 5 Min. ago and was up from $339.oo to $660.oo with 8 bidders wow bet it goes for around $2000.oo-$3000.oo
Couple of pic's of the progress thats being made doesn't look like much but guess again 3 Hrs. of drive time & a couple of Gals gas, looking for 1/2" rubber washers,fiberglass washers and ss washers,cool pet cock but haven't determined if it is the style I want or will except, nice,solid quality part from SBP just don't if it fits the bike,I don't want to spend another 3 hrs. looking for another pet cock.
the expansion chamber is just sitting on the bolt to get a side profile, mind you it will get modified, muffler will get cut off,loosing 4" off over length.

Attachments

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Well, that's really looking good. I'm not wild about the look of the conduit clamps holding the gas tank on, but they get the job done. I like the petcock real well. If you get rid of the blue I think you'd like it better. Try black.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
The conduit style is what they used back in the day either Brass,Painted or Nickel plated and finding these weren't as easy as you'd think, they're actually solid copper (not copper plated) with a true 1" tunnel, they would look Soooo!! Cool chrome plated but not at a cost of $80.oo
Thanks! for the comps

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Well don't pay any attention to me anyway. I'm not that wild about the BTR look in the first place, but I totally appreciate how fanatical some of you guys are about the details, and trying to be true to the original look. That's a lot harder than just building a nice bike that can look any way that suits you. My hat's off to you.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Ya know branching off of Velo Ebay link I've come to the conclusion that a totally period and authentic build would run about $20,000.oo ++ with out nickel plating, just the top end $9,995.oo, lower casing without internals $6,500.oo you can get the jest of the rest of the build costs just based off this info.
I want as much as a period and authentic looking bike as possible and am always doing visual research to get the astetics as close as possible withen my budget, I'm 6'1" 200lbs and the mods to the engine aren't so much to turn this little Chinee engine in to a hot rod but more to carry me with dependability as well.
As I have often stated this 1911 Indian tribute is #01 as well as Dan's Proto Type for Taylar motorbikes, if you have ever seen Dans video interveiw you'll see this bike and hear a few words about it from Dan during the interveiw it is being built to exort that fact so the details and astetics are important.
I like the cruisers as well and have a variety of different tribute brand names, these bikes aren't made as exact replics but rather tribute builds that memic the real deal and for those that have been to my house (bikers both independent and clubbers,motorheads,hot rodders and restorers) have all been at AW! to see how close my bikes resemble the real deal.
For me it's not just building a bike that suites my personal taste but to build a bike that looks like it's NOS (new old stuff LOL!) or a restored 100 yr old bike, Boardies,cruisers, motobikesI like them all and I will try 4 strokes as soon as I am done with the build comming up after the Redskin.
I wish I had all the tools to do more, more authentic,more detailed, but even with my limitations I believe I'm doing pretty good.
Thanks! for the Comps Biknut, sorry! fer yap'n

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Oh! by the way here is a couple of pic's of tank mounts AKA Conduit straps made by Johns & Sons that made tese straps for Plumbing mostly industerial piping, several brand name Mnfgco. used them including the early motorcycling inds,

Attachments

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Oh! by the way here is a couple of pic's of tank mounts AKA Conduit straps made by Johns & Sons that made tese straps for Plumbing mostly industerial piping, several brand name Mnfgco. used them including the early motorcycling inds,
I like the way these clamps look a lot better, because no central ridge. Seems like they have an older look about them. They probably don't make clamps like these?

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
You can find them at construction salvage companies, there is one in Culver city or near Culver city if memeory serves me right, but there are more back east mostly called reclaimed bldg materials, ran across some a cople of years ago but didn't think too much to get them, some higher end rain gutter co.'s carry them for those authentic vintage exterior house remdeling.

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
Howes abouts the real deal? Currently on the bay. Sorry for got linkee: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221180218976?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Well, looks like that frame jumped from $1200 to $3877 in the very last second of the auction...

Trucked, those tank straps are really pretty easy to make yourself if you have a vise.

Just wrap flat stock around a correct sized pipe and bend the corners in your vise, trim and drill.

You could make them any size or material you want... Brass might look on your ride and is easy to work with.

-Kirk

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I know where to get them real cheap in Tehachepi Calif, My Dad sold his Previst to a guy who travels around the United States buying up Mom & Pop hardware stores and others that are going out of business or just can't weather the economy,just a 58 mile ride away (45 min) gotta go see Mom & Dad Pretty soon, I like the ones on the Redskin but just might pic some up for a future build.