BikeBobber Custom Cycle Works

GoldenMotor.com

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
So whats your turnaround time?
Currently I have a 10 day back log of orders. Not an ideal turnaround time, but I'm very grateful to be busy. I'm always adjusting the way I process the work to be the more efficient. I'm looking to hire a helper and to expand the operation.

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Massdrive, I will probably be using an aero profile time trial style bicycle frame for my Bonneville attempt. If I sent you templates of the tube shape could you make front and rear mounts for China girl from the tubing shape? Or actually i could send the frame if needed.

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
I'd be proud to be part of your Bonneville record attempt. Yes for the most precise fit it would be better if I had the frame on hand. bikebobber.com
.flg.

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Sounds good, I think it makes sense to get the frame and possibly the case lowers over to you for mounts so we can get all the angles right. I actually need to order a rear mount and possible a CDI mount from you for the current bike. I am happy with the front mount I set up but the stock stamped sheet metal of the rear mount that I even doubled up on leaves a lot to be desired.

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Your selection is great. There are so many parts on there that so nicely replace an aweful kit parts. I scroll sown your part page and each thing brings back a memory of that stage of installing my kit and thinking, this piece is so aweful, it would be so nice to make this out of aluminum. And there you have them all in a row. One thing I don't see and I may be eliminating mine is a chain tensioner? One of you designs and a nice pulley wheel would be a huge improvement over the kit part.

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
Your selection is great. There are so many parts on there that so nicely replace an aweful kit parts. I scroll sown your part page and each thing brings back a memory of that stage of installing my kit and thinking, this piece is so aweful, it would be so nice to make this out of aluminum. And there you have them all in a row. One thing I don't see and I may be eliminating mine is a chain tensioner? One of you designs and a nice pulley wheel would be a huge improvement over the kit part.
That is exactly how it all came about. I saw a need for basic upgraded kit components.

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
Having read some of his Facebook comments blaming the public for being "too stupid and cheap to buy quality parts" as the reason for him going out of business while knowing that others sell the same parts at a fraction of the price, I'll reserve my opinion on whether his going out of business is a tragedy.

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
Another beautiful golden nugget from Steve's page: "Most people are just plain stupid and willing to risk their health and well being with cheap inferior bike parts". Pretty much makes it sound lIke he thinks the average hobbyist might die if they don't buy parts from him. And another one: "Cant make any MONEY making one of this and two of that". True colors revealed?