Bike builders that have machine tools/shops

GoldenMotor.com

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Well in 6 days I called three times total, of those left two voicemails and sent one text. The guy who’s leasing (I guess?) my friends shop told my friend that I need to stop calling because I’m too annoying… uhm what? My friend is clearly in need of cash, trying to sell a bunch of tools and materials and looking for more construction gigs so I dunno! I don’t know what’s wrong with these CA people….

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Time to seek a new source? Between FB Market and Craigslist.....

Tom
It’s not a big loss, but I passed up a lot of other good deals. Like a plasma cutter for $50. This tool is probably frustrating to use. I had to make a couple of bronze bushings on a mini lathe once. The fken tailstock didn’t let me drill deep enough for both parts in one shot. It’s a sign from above to not waste time with this garbage and wait till I have a shop to put real tools, maybe only go regular fab tools for now. A plasma cutter, a weld table, a saw. Oh I know a guy has a little ryobi for free…

Last edited:

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I can't say I have used a band saw much as I can remember. Though back in the 70's our household had a scroll saw. Mostly good for soft wood like balsa wood.

There was building scale model boats powered by glow plug engines. Think that the idea was to test it out in the bath tub. I guess I was gullible.

I did listen to instructions on carving a wood propeller. I was seen making a solid balsa wing. Spars and paper doped over would have been nice. Kit form I did mess with that.

I saw one of my windsurf crowd have in his van a jig to put together a fiberglass windsurf board into. You know custom made himself, one of the outliers? Kudos I say!

I used to have a 2.9 square meter windsurf sail I used on a sinker 85 liter narrow 8ft windsurf board. It was El Nino back in the 90's at Half Moon Bay Harbor, rigging in the rain at dawn.

Wind so strong that it was necessary to walk into the wind on a slight slant to not get blown over. A hand over nostrils to keep them from wind shutting them closed along with sand blowing in your eyes, now you are into it!

Only I missed knowing that while I was there, in a bar Neil Young was playing a place smaller venue than the Catalyst in Santa Cruz.

Bla Bla,

MT

Reactions: fasteddy