Bike builders that have machine tools/shops

GoldenMotor.com

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Today I almost got a 4 ft. light fixture wired and hung over the upstairs kitchen sink.
You ever do work on the ceiling over a sink? it is a PITA and hard on my back. The rotary variable switch is done and when I repowered the circuit there was no blinding flash. Plan B will be for the win.

Tom

Reactions: fasteddy

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
LOL! Sorry this was just a little EV fabrication job I did for somebody. Guy wanted the whole thing built but we couldn’t come to a reasonable number so I said I’ll mount the motor for 300 or something. 15 minutes in 3D and $35 for the pieces, and a couple hours in the shop and done.

I have 3 projects in planning.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Well I finally finished kitchen the over sink light installation up stairs and just before I turned the breaker switch back on I tried the rotary dimmer switch and the fricken light came on? WTF!!! I have been working with a live 110V line! :eek:
It did seem odd when I opened the switch and receptacle box, that there were two services coming in and I assumed both lines were fed from the same breaker. Guess not. Never got shocked except seeing the light come on when it shouldn't.
This 4 ft. light fixture turned up all the way is brighter than high noon.
Scratch one Honey Do.

Tom (^)

Last edited:

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
"Looking in the mirror LOL"

Nah, upper kitchen window.
I have a analog multimeter most of fifty years old. Could have used it didn't.
Since having a Pacemaker and just common sense, I only go into any electrical circuit with one hand to any one pole. If and when we sell this place, I will get a contract with full liability on the buyer.
That said, this house was not built to any code regulations. Kinda fits with my underlying libertarianism.
That's not how I vote though. I take risks for a reason.
"In every venture there is a particle of risk, quote Allardyce T. Meriweather ". Little Big Man 1970

Tom

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
This global warming thing is curiouser and curiouser. Thunder, lightning, and rain storm as early February 8th?
Long term matters not to me. I won't be here. But still to witness the change since I was young.
Time to finish another project maybe,

Tom

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Dammit I need a lathe so bad now. Or access. I would hit up my old job but that lathe was garbage, there wasn’t even a boring bar so I ground down a chipped 2F carbide end mill for clearance and mounted it with the good flute a couple thou under center, for a little job I had to do once.. thinking how the heck am I gonna do this minor boring job with no boring bar??

But that won’t work for what I want to do. 2-speed automatic, I’ve had a design in my head for nearly ten years and just waiting for the day. First gear and primary drive would be Vbelt slipper type, planetary gears with maybe a disc clutch, and chain final. Just gonna be all or mostly lathe work… and it needs to be a good strong machine with carbide insert tooling for the hardened steel in the gear set. So manual first gear with auto 2nd. Dunno what I’ll use for the motor but I’d like a Tilly small block in the 225-263cc range.

There’s another couple shops I could hit up I guess. I could pay for it too but I’d prefer Free like all the other stuff I’ve done… lol.

Last edited: