beware of people

GoldenMotor.com

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
You were biking and the noise of the bike scared the chubby girl so she let go of the leash and you ran the poor little doggy over?

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
no but I almost ran in a ditch trying not to run it over. Dogs and squirrels. I almost died to prevent the chubby girl from crying over her mashed dog... go figure

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
With dogs that run free (I'll add I am a RESPONSIBLE owner, I keep mine inside the "invisable fence") I keep my eyes on the road and pick up the leg on the "dog side" of the bike and motor on by, they get tired quickly or run to the end of their property.

They rarely ever run straight in front of you kamakazi style, unless it's a chubby girl, little dog, narrow path.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Norman and I were motor bicycling around town Sunday. I heard something on my right, so I looked down and there was a tiny little dog running beside me. I told Norman "Look, we are being chased by a dog". We both had a good laugh about it. But there was no chubby girl or leash involved.......................rotfl

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Yea as fast as that dog was running the girl would of tripped over her tongue that little dog was hauling mule.rotfl
Norman

210Don

Feb 13, 2011
San Antonio
Man I hate stray dogs, luckily i haven't run into any that wanted to do much more than run along side my bike with a big ol toothy grin on its face barking like a loony-toon.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Beware of people...

...reviving old threads. Someone selling necromancer wands this week? lol drn2

Worst experience I've had with dogs and MaBs was a buddy of mine's dog deciding my rear tire valve stem was a chew toy. Slime everywhere, looked like a Predator with a leaky wound ran through the place. Gah!

Last edited:

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
I haven't seen many dogs when riding, the one's that I have seen just watch as I motor by. I have had to dodge a few joggers whenever I have to hop on the sidewalks in a heavy traffic area near my house though.

Prof Fate

Aug 19, 2008
St.Louis (Brentwood), MO
Squirrels

no but I almost ran in a ditch trying not to run it over. Dogs and squirrels. I almost died to prevent the chubby girl from crying over her mashed dog... go figure
Squirrels. First thing I taught my kids when teaching them to drive was “Never try to dodge a squirrel. Don’t brake, don’t swerve.” It’s kinda like what Jay Leno used to say in those Doritos commercials. “Eat all you want, we’ll make more.” …Same principal. Cats, dogs… well that’s different. Especially if it’s a really big dog. That weighs more than my bike.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I generally hate dogs. I get ambushed by them all the time, but usually manage to bluff them. If bluffing doesn't work, I'll take stronger measures.

Last November, a big bulldog bit my engine block! The two loose dobermans in the yard were waiting to see what happened to him and went back to their yard after seeing him crying.

If you keep your dogs trained, restrained, and contained, cheers to you.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i was at Ace hardware today, just locked up my bike, and i was talking to a couple about my bike. they had a yappy little dog on a leash, and while we were talking, it decided it was gonna squirt on my back wheel. the couple didn't seem to notice, or care, till i kinda scoop-kicked the dog away from my bike (stuck my foot underneath it's belly and scooped it up, and launched it a coupla feet.)

after that, they didn't really wanna talk to me about my bike anymore.

210Don

Feb 13, 2011
San Antonio
I don't think I would have to, but in an extreme case of him or me, I would definitely lay a boot into a dogs face if it keeps him from biting my leg.