Being new here....

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Yeppers, the best "advice" for premix I know of is to simply use w/e the oil manufacturer recommends for their own product, a hair more ifn yer worried ;)

As for "the longest straight shot you've ever ridden" ...well, that's a bit tricky as we don't believe in straight (or smooth) roads 'round here :p Srsly tho, 'bout 150 miles - but that was an exception, I've usually about a 100 mile range before I'm whipped & beaten even on my comfy cruiser w/a shift kit... much as I love these lil two smokers, that's pretty much why I'm doin' the four stroke recumbent thing now *shrug* I'll still ride the heck outa my two smokers ofc - but srs distance runs on 'em are a bit demanding...

mesmith

Jun 30, 2011
United States
Hello....I'm another newbie...80 (66) cc canadian motor with a cns v2 carb, I ran the walmart oil 16/1 for a gallon and maybe a half, then I switched to Lucas oil 50/1... could tell a huge difference, more power, just had to adjust my idle, runs great so far
Mike

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
mike @ 50:1 may be a bit lean. It may run good now but in a month or 2 you may notice a big loss in power.

I try to pedal around in circles a few times after I shut the motor off before I just stop.
I don't think-people realize, that after you shut it off it is still very hot and could use that extra breeze to cool it off time even if it is only 1 or 2 minutes.
I think it makes a big difference in the long run..

Last edited: