azbill's EZM stretch project

GoldenMotor.com

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I thought I would add some pics of the granddaughters' new trailer to the build thread (transporting them around is the main reason I built my bike)

the trailer was designed/built by their father (azvinnie), it has suspension, a full steel frame and is skinned in aluminum with a custom bimini top (stitched by my daughter Crystal), that tilts up for head clearance while getting in/out

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Very classy and reminds me of an old time fringed surrey type of buggy my father had as a boy which was pulled by a Shetland pony. The girls are riding in style now! Their dad did a nice job.
SB

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I had to make new struts for the rear fender,,,the oldest grandkid thought it would be cool to sit back there, and folded the cheasy, stamped, paper thin stock ones

I used 3/4 x 1/8 thick plated steel flat stock I got at ACE

the fender is very stiff now, and if you try to shake it from side-to-side, the whole bike moves

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
I like it Bill! Good job on the struts and the stickers :) Lookin fine! I swear those are the luckiest grandkids in the world riding on such a fine machine :D

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I finally hit the magic 10,000 mile mark !!! (^)
this little engine with the Q-Matic drive is a very reliable work horse :):):)

I still have never even pulled the plug to look at it !!!...if it aint broke, why fix it ;)

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
just took the RAW 80cc out of the box. mounts fit 1-1/4" frame , but my micargi mustang has 1-1/2" frame tubes. has anyone got any ideas on mounting? the enigine stud holes are 1-5/8"apart on-center so there's not much room for grinding out and widening the frame saddle of the mounting block to saddle the frame. and as for the front mount, I have seen many "far away" shots of bikes, but no up-close shots. are guys welding short tubes vertically off the bottom frame tube for the front mount to saddle to?

cruiserider

Sep 19, 2011
WEST PALM BEACH, FL
hey there bill i really love your project man!!!... is pretty neat and seems to be simple... i was just wondering if you were willing to help a fellow rider to build his own??... id just need to know whats the approx budget and the pieces that u bought... here is a pic of my mustang (its all stock)... thanks 8)

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
just 1 more set of pics before I primer/paint :)

1st pic detail of the bottm of tank (Vinnie turned 2 chunks of aluminum into the fuel outlet, and a 1/4-20 tapped hole that will be cross clamped to the canti-bars)

2nd pic showing the bung welding (bought the cap n bung)

3rd pic showing notch out to clear forks

4th pic right profile
seriously the coolest tank in the world! How much would Vinnie charge to do another identical one? Really...it seems there are a few of us out here drooling!

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
vinnie says he wouldn't do another for less than 350$
he also would need a template of your tank area (in case of differences between my frame and yours)

pm or email if still interested

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :)

a customer of mine liked the stretch so much,,,he cloned it !!!
here is a couple of pics he sent me

many phone calls/emails to get to that point ;)
bike looks great (^)
thanks for the pics Chad !!!

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
HEH! Thats neet. Do all Micargi streches sprout fountans behind them? laff Seriously, nice tribute to your bike. Where did he git that headlight? Thats a monster!

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Re: imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :)

a customer of mine liked the stretch so much,,,he cloned it !!!
here is a couple of pics he sent me

many phone calls/emails to get to that point ;)
bike looks great (^)
thanks for the pics Chad !!!

Thats odd... Look ahead of the fuel tank. Looks like an extra seat or something he added. Bill found out where that awsome headlight can be had for a good price. http://www.demonscycle.com/