ATV 50cc Full Auto on a stretch!

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hey Dan! Good to hear from ya. I'll have to try the muffler sealer, thanks. I hope you have been doing well.
Just in case you're curious for a baby update. She is fat, happy, and has started teething. She is getting really good coordination and smiling all of the time. She has ended up looking like me.(according to everyone else) I was hoping she would look like her mother and act like me. Oh well, maybe she can look and act like me!
So cool and Glad to hear. I wanted to write ya but figured you and Mom were a wee bit busy.

"big, happy an' chomping" is an awesome good sign, God bless!

Last edited:

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
Hey CH, thanks for the reply. I completely understand about the funds! That's how I ended up with a motorized bicycle in the first place.

I used brake levers with pin switches when I first built the bike. I had to change the front brake lever, though, when I upgraded to a hydraulic brake. I don't have a switch on it, yet. I still have it on the rear brake lever and always use both brakes when stopping, so I think it's ok for now. Thanks for the offer. I will try to get some current pics soon. Not much has changed other than the 1 gallon tank, but I'll be glad to post it again. I got my new center stand from amazon. The main difference that I noticed from the new one and the bicycle-engines stand is the new main assembly is aluminum and the height is adjustable where the other from bicycle-engines was steel and not adjustable.

I am looking forward to my little girl going riding with me. I haven't decided if I want one of those wierd looking seats that mount on the back or a sidecar, but rest assured that she will certainly have somewhere to ride along with daddy.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Civlized, I'm trying to find the adjustable Center Kick Stand you found on Amazon do you have a Link to it?

Thanks Crazy Horse.
P.S. I remember you getting a video camera sometime back any chance you'll be making a video of the bike and you riding it?

Peace!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Kid seat thought. Put a lot of thought an' very little effort in to passenger seating. Carol has never been on a MB and want her to join me some day. For safety was thinking rear facing trailer. On trains or planes I always try for a seat facing aft. Things coming to an abrupt stop seem to come to an abrupt stop. For our thing could be made as a sort of crash cage. Just what I was thunking. I keep getting stuck on the hitch part. I want to do "ball and hitch" But have yet to get much farther then building a trailer with 10 inch wheels and a complete failure of a low mounting thing. If winter lasts 3 yrs, I might get to try half these thunks, lol

Thanks Red! Good stuff. I had no idea center ones could be had that were adjustable. Saved link

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Thanks, Civlized / Dan / Barron / AZbill, for the quick reply's.

I've already bent the stock GreenLine Stretch Cruiser Center stands on most of my bikes, all the Links & info really helps when searching for quality replacement parts. Barron you always seem to have the information when it comes to finding replacement parts, not to say that the others who replied didn't have just as helpful info!! Thanks everyone again !!!

Civlized, I'd really love to see & hear some video of your build, I know that you are busy and that you will eventually post a video. Note: Civ, this build of yours is inspiring and I'm sure this style of build and type of motorization will slowly catch on with other builders once they've tried this type of build with a Chinese cloned Honda 4-stroke horizontal ATV, Dirtbike/Pitbike engine they too will be hooked!

Peace Crazy Horse.

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
Amazon.com: Acclaim Double Black Kickstand: Sports & Outdoors

CH, here's the link to the one I got. You remember correctly. I did get a video camera and it is full of baby time. I have got to get around to downloading some of that to the computer. I'll try to get that this weekend and see if the wife will help make a video for you.

Dan, that's interesting. I haven't thought about rear facing. I have thought about a trailer a lot and for the hitch, I keep thinking that some 3/8 or 1/2 inch air line quick connects would be the best type of hitch. I will get around to experimenting one day.

Just FYI, I have a '87 chevy truck that I inherited from my brother when he passed back in '98. The truck body was not in very good shape, but has a great and strong engine(last project my brother did was build the engine). Among everything else going on for the past 4 or 5 months, I have finally got around to restoring this truck and taught myself how to paint. So, I have now just about finished completely painting, restored the inside(just waiting on the new seats to arrive), changed most of the components, and added a remote control hydraulic dump bed. If I get around to using the camera this weekend, I'll try to add some pics of my truck. I am very proud of all the work I have done and want to show it off to you guys.

Last edited:

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
Thanks Bill! I think it looks ok, but it is still a work truck. It is not a fully restored show truck or anything and I am not a pro painter. I didn't want to pay $3K for a paint job, so I decided it was time to learn. Just something I wanted to take care of, make last for many more years, and do something that would have made my brother proud and still be useful.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
[QUOTE
Civlized, I'd really love to see & hear some video of your build, I know that you are busy and that you will eventually post a video. Note: Civ, this build of yours is inspiring and I'm sure this style of build and type of motorization will slowly catch on with other builders once they've tried this type of build with a Chinese cloned Honda crv 50cc / monkey bike style 4-stroke horizontal ATV, Dirtbike / Pitbike engine they too will be hooked!

Peace Crazy Horse.
[/QUOTE]

Civ, just trying to bug you about some video of this awesome build!

Maybe someone can drive along side of you and video you on the bike riding it.

Peace Crazy Horse.

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
Hey CH. Sorry I haven't been able to do that for you, yet. I have been busy and now I'm sick. I will try to get it ASAP.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
No worries bro, just kidding with ya! I hope you feel better very soon.

I know many people here in the forum will be blown away when they see and hear your bike being ridden down the road.

Just remember to have someone video you riding the bike, and not you videoing while you are riding like many have done in the past.

Again get well soon!!!

Peace Crazy Horse.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Hey CH. Sorry I haven't been able to do that for you, yet. I have been busy and now I'm sick. I will try to get it ASAP.
civlized, I hope you are feeling better would really like to see some video of your build, also could you please post picture(s) of the pedal drive side, showing how you (re)-routed your pedal drive chain!

Peace Crazy Horse.
P.S. Builders check this thread for in depth info regarding the Horizontal 4-stroke Honda crf50 Pitbike / Dirtbike / Atv engines:
http://motorbicycling.com/f37/alternate-4-stroke-engine-list-19630.html

.shft.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA

dan1150

Sep 25, 2011
wisconsin
Hi guys, cool build, I think the Micargi 3.0 means it has 3 inch wide tires, not sure, but I think I read that on a website that sells them.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
What's really cool is I've seen the motor, a Chinese reproduction of the Honda Cub motor, going without carb or intake manifold for about $140. I'm contimplating building a bike around this motor. I'll keep thinking on it, anyway ;)

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Strangely I have been kicking around the same idea. The listed length on the engine is a whopping 17" Gonna have to strech the frame for it, if using the more common type of bike frame. Think I have it about worked out. Cant descide if to use a legal 49cc 3 speed or just be an outlaw with a 125cc 4speed, manual clutch.