ATV 50cc Full Auto on a stretch!

GoldenMotor.com
Dec 7, 2009
EastCoast USA
Aero07 tried out this bike yesterday. He wasn't able to get up to full speed with the distance constraints of a parking lot(probably wouldn't if he could've), but I think he liked it. Maybe it will warm up a little and I can get finished with this thing and put this thread to an end.
Just wanted to know if you are busy finishing this build please give us an update, hope it's progressing!

ECCMB.

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
Just wanted to know if you are busy finishing this build please give us an update, hope it's progressing!

ECCMB.
I appreciate your interest. I am still too cheap to pay for heating my shop and with life happening, I just haven't made myself work on it lately. I still haven't decided about installing a full lighting system. I did order and receive more gears for the jack shaft. The take off is a little weak for my taste and top end is over 50mph. I can deal with losing some of that top end for a stronger take off. All I really have left is tearing it all down for prep, paint, and fabbing up some sort of chain guard. I will post some more pics whenever I can get around to getting something done. It doesn't help to have a pregnant wife, either.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
3 words; Su Weeee T! Looks awesome Civ

(Side note, Momma and "Soon to be" are in our prayers, God Bless Poppa)

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
3 words; Su Weeee T! Looks awesome Civ

(Side note, Momma and "Soon to be" are in our prayers, God Bless Poppa)
Thank you, I appreciate that and will pass it on to my angel maker. June 21st is our date! I sure hope this little girl looks like her mother and acts like me.(HA!) Just kiddin'. Don't tell her I said that.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
See that triangle on the front of the frame on the stretch cruiser (E.C.C.M.B.#37 permalinks),I think Those small tubes provide strength in the front if the frame,I would concider reconfiguring them verses removal(keep a triangle of some shape for head tube strength)

Dec 7, 2009
EastCoast USA
Civlized, my project is moving slowing but made some modifications.

I'm removing the seat down tube and welding a straight seat down tube which gives me more room and also allows me to use a stock motor mount from a Honda Trail 70 or the hardknock bobber both will work for my setup if all goes well.

I should be able to make multiple mounts for the horizontal chinese cloned honda engines for more stretch cruiser builds. This new seat down tube & motor mount will move motor back 5" giving me much needed clearance for pedal crank.

Also it'll keep the motor above chain from pedal crank to rear sprocket, on the motor drive side I'm planning on using a left side rear drive sprocket disc brake at rear wheel. If this setup proves to be unattainable then I'll have to use a jackshaft to right side rear sprocket, and hopefully still run a disc brake left side rear wheel.

Thats all I've got for now, will post pic's when this build progress's.

ECCMB

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
Got a little more done today. I ordered some parts last week and they all came in Friday. I ordered one of the crappy plastic speedometers, mirrors, headlight, and a tail light. I took the speedometer and the rotating unit apart and filled them with grease to maybe extend it's life, cut a hole in the back of it and added a light socket to illuminate the speedometer. I read that some haven't lasted very long. We'll see. The headlight came with LED's and made for a 9v battery. I removed the LED's, cut the housing and hot glued in a socket for an automotive tail light bulb which is dual element. I'll have a real high and low beam. The tail light came with a single element bulb, which I removed and installed a socket for a dual element. I'll have brake lights, too. I'm adding some old motorcycle saddlebags that I took off my motorcycle a couple years ago, so I added some turn signals to the back of the bags. I haven't got everything mounted yet, but I'm working on it. In-laws came over today and slowed me down a little. Got nothing done with the mirrors, yet.
To be continued!

Attachments

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Just thought I'd ask if you made any progress with your current stretch cruiser build, can't wait to see a youtube video of this build!

Just a thought maybe you can share with us here in the forum what you used for your build where you found it the tools you used, like the way Graucho listed a breakdown or his build Fat Tire Stretch Build.
http://motorbicycling.com/f36/fat-tire-bicycle-chopper-6778.html Post #34

I'm certain you'll inspire others to start a stretch cruiser build using a 50cc horizontal chinese cloned Honda CT 70 Trail Bike/All Terrain Vehicle type of motor!

Forum members are scratching their heads now why should I use this type of motor on a stretch cruiser build ok here we go for starters, you can run lights, you can have both electric & kick start, you can have a fully automatic transmission or semi-automatic or manual transmission.

This type of build is probably a advanced build for a newby and requires use of a welder, you have to custom fabricate your motor mounts, etc jackshaft...

Here's a few pic's of the same type of motor used by Civlized, on an original Honda CT-70 Trail Bike, and here on a hardknock bobber like one of mine, and a Honda 50cc Mini Trail Bike. These motors sell for about $199 us dollars.

Attachments

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
What's up CH? I did get some work done that past couple of days. I made the mounts for my saddle bags. Got them installed and painted. Painted the engine mount and misc. mounts. The chrome mirror mounts came in today, so the mirrors are mounted on the bars. Exhaust pipe is painted with some high temp aluminum colored paint. Intake got the same paint as the exhaust. Tomorrow, I hope to get the keyed ignition switch and brake light bracket mounts fabbed, painted, and installed. I've ordered a left hand switch control for a scooter to control the turn signals, headlight, and horn. It should be here Monday. Looks like I will have everything but a tag.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
I am absolutely blown away by this bike!!! Seriously, there are Motorbicycles, and then there's that! Um, I can't give enough compliment. You've got some skills man, along with anyone who's doing custom work such as this. I know the simple 2 stroke kit, that's all. I want to explore getting a stretch cruiser, but as I have seen it won't be a simple task, and that's just using a basic kit. For you to be adding these engines, these looks, and fabricating and designing these parts to make it work... I'm not sure you really realize how good you are! This bike looks like a factory prototype! You could literally sell these on a lot somewhere if you were to finalize it with weatherproof features and finished, polished paints. I'm completely impressed, and I can only hope that some day I'll be able to do these things to an everyday bicycle. Good job. Respect.

Addicted.

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
I think I finally got her close to what I would call done. This is gonna take a couple or 4 posts. OK, I tried to get a shot of the headlight so you could see how I changed the leds to a 2 element bulb and covered the hole for the top led. You can see that I still have my digital speedometer to just check the cable driven one. The digital is pretty accurate, the cable one is not. Found that out today. I will take the digital one off later. The tack seems to work well.

Attachments

Last edited:

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
And here is somemore. You can see the headlight, turn signals, and horn control on the left hand side. The right side still uses the kit kill switch as the start button and I added a kill switch on the right side. Both hand brakes have switches for the brake light. Lots of wireloom.

Attachments

Last edited:

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
And 1 remaining. Woops, looks like I did 1 of them twice. I got a shot of the headlight on dim and high. I wired the light that I installed on the speedometer to the high switch. The dim and tail light come on when the key is turned on.

Attachments

Last edited:

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
That's it. This is where I have the tail light and brake light on. Maybe you can see the difference. The led's are pretty bright, especially for the brake light. Now, it's finally time to ride! I am still working on the 1 gallon tank. Put some tank liner in it and got to paint it. Not sure about covering the jack shaft with a guard. If I do, it will probably be next fall or winter. Anyway, thanks for all of the interest in this build. I will try to get around to making a list of what from where later. If you would like to know something before I get around to the list, just let me know.

Attachments

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
Wow, that is a monumental build! I'm so impressed. :) Good F'n job man! Wow. If you can get a video of the ride, I'd love to see it! I'm sure a lot of others would too! :) Very impressed over here! :)