anything on boy go fast

GoldenMotor.com

tecker

May 31, 2008
o k zoom is out found a site with his name an such for 169.95 ask about it said sale was over april 1 yet it was posted on the site april 3 so something is fishy to me, dax raised his price to much to soon still dont know about king I was lookin at boy go fast hey thank you for all your replys

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Like i said I bought my kit from him and it was just like everyone elses. I screwed up the install which could have happened with any kit it was the crappy directions that everybody uses.

the clutch handle is trash but most of them are and its a simple five buck replacement with a brake leaver to fix. I screwed up the throttle handle but that was also my fault way to heavy handed.

I would buy from him again if that is any recommendation but frankly it think all the kits are about the same.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
my bicycle motor kit from boygofast was not as described on the ebay ad and his response was sorry and did not send parts that were advertised to be with the engine kit. i and others have invited him to be part of the forum to help answer questions and teach members. he has never opted to do so. i personally would rather spend a few bucks extra and get what i paid for and service after the sale

Ritchie

May 20, 2008
Manitoba, Canada
I got my Kit from Him, his shipping to Canada was a week, damn fast. The kit is the same as elsewhere, although it does have larger fins, 8mm cylinder studs and needle bearings on the connrod, pretty standard these days.

I wasnt happy with the exhaust though, it's the Black one and it's welded so you cant take it apart. All in all, I think I got what I paid for.

MarkTur

May 23, 2008
I bought from him, too, with no issues or complaints. Fast shipping and good communication. I did not go to him for support, though...came to the (other) forum instead. (Didn't know about this one).

I would purchase from him again, however, I'm finally hearing some REAL reasons to go with Dax - for example, I understand he balances the flywheel for a smoother run, etc. Too bad he doesn't make those points on his terrible website - I would have paid more to purchase a better machine now that I understand more...but then again, his delayed shipping and fee to get it in a week edged me over to BGF in the end. It all worked out.

sanserve

May 23, 2008
Just put together a boygofast 50cc. me and two of my techs at work installed it in an afternoon. kit came with everything. i threw the chain gaurd out. seems to work ok although its on a mountain bike and there is quite a bit of vibration. i also am having a little trouble getting the carb to run at idle. but for two days i'm fairly happy. i'm not sure about the kill switch though, but its not really an issue. overall i would say i got what i paid for and the shipping to Canada - BC. was fast. I think on a slow day in the shop i'll go to work on isolating the mounts somehow

Bikes

Jun 9, 2008
(c)I bought my kit from boy Go Fast and saved some. The clutch handle was modified to stay disingaged by filing a deep grove in the handle.
Ted(p)

Butch K

May 9, 2008
Princeton, MN
I just purchased a couple motor kits from Boy Go Fast. I wouldn't repeat this mistake. On the first motor the clutch control broke on the first pull. Had to replace it with the one from the second kit which also doesn't work very good. There is not enough travel between being fully engaged to where it is locked to be able to get a decent adjustment of the clutch.
The cylinder head castings are very rough looking. I can see what I believe are the head bolts where there are holes in the castings.
Also the mufflers wouldn't fit the bike I was installing the motor on.
I was mounting this motor on a Schwinn Point Beach cruiser and there was no conceivable way that I could think of to bend this muffler to the right shape to fit without the pedal hitting it. I had to replace the muffler with one that I had from a different vendor.
Chain tensioner is the cheap no bearing type.
I've yet to figure out where the very loud whining noise is coming from when the clutch is engaged.It sounds like it's coming from the clutch area.
As you can probably tell I am totally disgusted with this motor kit. I'm hoping the second one is somewhat better. Done venting.

Attachments

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
I just purchased a couple motor kits from Boy Go Fast. I wouldn't repeat this mistake. On the first motor the clutch control broke on the first pull. Had to replace it with the one from the second kit which also doesn't work very good. There is not enough travel between being fully engaged to where it is locked to be able to get a decent adjustment of the clutch.
The cylinder head castings are very rough looking. I can see what I believe are the head bolts where there are holes in the castings.
Also the mufflers wouldn't fit the bike I was installing the motor on.
I was mounting this motor on a Schwinn Point Beach cruiser and there was no conceivable way that I could think of to bend this muffler to the right shape to fit without the pedal hitting it. I had to replace the muffler with one that I had from a different vendor.
Chain tensioner is the cheap no bearing type.
I've yet to figure out where the very loud whining noise is coming from when the clutch is engaged.It sounds like it's coming from the clutch area.
As you can probably tell I am totally disgusted with this motor kit. I'm hoping the second one is somewhat better. Done venting.

Butch I would check with the vendor to see if you could send that engine back, it wasnt cast correctly. That has to weaken integrity, the head bolts showing like that.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
That jug looks like crap (technical term). I'd return it for exchange and let him know he on the "watch list".... There is NO EXCUSE for sending out something like that.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
To be honest I doubt they even open the boxes just ship them on. However he should make a defective part good or you hit him on the feedback. I got my kit from him and the clutch lever is crap for sure but everything else was just like i expected. I used a brake lever as a clutch lever now.

Butch K

May 9, 2008
Princeton, MN
I emailed BGF yesterday with pictures of the defective parts and am waiting for a reply.
BTW, the cylinder head on the other motor I purchased from him also had a couple holes going through to the head bolts but were smaller and not quite as noticeable.

Ritchie

May 20, 2008
Manitoba, Canada
+1 on what Mristeright1 said, check with the Vendor first to see if he will replace the unit. He does not open the packages before he ships them (although, I would suggest to him that he start doing so.)

If he will not replace that obviously defective unit, please let us know so we can avoid the vendor.

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
i dont believe he knew it was like that either, at least I hope he didnt and send it out anyway. He should stand behind a manufacturing defect though, which this clearly is. I would think that his supplier would replace it to him. You might have to pay shipping back, but i would think he would cover shipping on replacement. Keep us informed... If the cylinder head isnt correct I would send it back too. Why wait and possibly have a problem related to something substandard down the road when its too late.
Just my opinion.....

sanserve

May 23, 2008
i solved my vibration issues by renewing the front mount (my design) and wrapping the area under the tank. i did have some issue with the muffler as well but was able to bend it on the bench with a torch and now it fits perfectly. the clutch lever is poor initially but i lubed the cable with movit before assembly and its been fine. i will admit the kit is lower quality but it is the lowest price kit out there.

tinkerfinger

Jun 10, 2008
I purchased 80cc kit from boy go fast. All is ok except for ignition module. It looked used with some sort of ink stains on blue connection. It is dead as a doornail. I Know how to use a voltmeter. Magneto is strong, good continuity in wires. Just no output from coil, and thats testing with and without kill switch and without coil wire to plug, as well as old fashioned holding plug against case. Its dead. I had contacted bgf about an issue with the gas cap, then later i wrote that i had fixed it. bgf repllied about the cap before reading my second message. They said No Warranties, but would send new one anyway. I replied saying, cap ok, send ignition module... No reply. Found another vendor with $19.99 shipped price. Ordered it. Not gonna hold my breath for bgf to reply.

lottahorses

Apr 10, 2008
I emailed BGF about the distance from lock to lock on a rear hub to make sure it would clear a 110mm dropout. He would not email me back. I think he thought i would just buy it if he did not tell me the length and take a chance on it fitting. LOL. No Sale for BGF.

astronut

Mar 16, 2008
Hi I bought from boygofast. my kit did not have the studs needed to mount on the engine. I had to make make some, wich is not so bad. The lever did break, but I think its the standard lever for all these kits. The service is horrible.

OH by the way I found out where he is at because of the return address on the shipping. The guy lives in my neighborhood. he is like 3 mins away from me. Its actually a group of asian guys that operate out of their place, I found this out through my e-mail exchanges with them. Not on purpose but different people would answer my emails. Their english is not so good so maybe thats the "why" to the poor service? Also he refused to meet with me, I had to just go and take a look at the place for myself.

I would not buy again from them. I have bought from revoulutioncycles 3 times but the guy has a bad reputation on other forums. the guy seems to be very wary of someone "taking advantage" of him for some reason, and he seems to leave town for days at a time so you cant catch him every day. other than that all the kits have worked fine. He will exchange if you find something broken upon opening. boygo fast wants me to open and check before signing for the package. but the delivery people will NOT ALLOW you to open the package before signing. :(