Anyone Buy a Kit From rose326a?

GoldenMotor.com

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
Just curious if anyone here has bought a kit from rose326a, Any good, any problems, etc. Their price is better that BGF, I may have to switch vendors:

80cc Engine Motor Kit Motorized Bicycle Bike | eBay
Hey Rohmell I have never been a fan of buying anything on ebay but I do follow several of the dealers and have never heard of this one.

That price is really not that good in my opinion. Piston Bikes has the Black Jet 66cc for the same price and the 2011 Grubee 66cc for $179 and I have never had a problem with them. Personal opinion but I like to deal with people I know and can get a hold of.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I'm with Mark on dealing with somebody I know. I also want for someone to value their reputation enough to make things right when they are wrong. I used to buy from BGF until I got burned on a bum engine. Now I deal with Pirate Cycles because I know I'll be taken care of if something isn't right. Costs a little more initially, but it is good insurance IMO. I also like to support vendors here who are active members of the motorbicycling community and not just somebody who bought a pallet of motors with no interest in it for themselves.
SB

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
id buy from piston, unlike pirate[try calling] they are always their and always answer the phone i've bought from both and from what might be happening at pirate i'd go with the guys at piston until pirate works out their problems with their old venders dennis

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Piston Bikes adds another $31.03 for UPS Ground shipping, so their total cost for the Jet is $201.02, not a good price for me.

As for grubby Grubee (feh), I do not buy any of their products.

I have never had any problems with anything that I have bought from BGF, on eBay, so I would like to continue doing business with him, but I have seen his prices slowly climbing up, while others have remain steady. For example, the price of his Hongdu-Solex jumped from $199 free shipping, to $230 + $34.99 S&H, an increase of almost 25%.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
it looks like prices are going up and unless theirs away around the EPA their might be less and less = $$$$. if theirs a way to sneek around im sure the chineeze will find a way around it [like sneeking a bunch of 2009 motors ''tags'' in] until that happens you might have to do the supply and demand thing. anyhow congrat's to jeter 3001 hit's class act all the way!

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
pirate's good, but he might be walking the legal plank pretty soon.
What are you talking about?
The implication from your comments is that Pirate is in legal trouble and an arrest or legal action is imminent. I've found these guys to be honest and hard working. The PK-80 engine I got from them is anything but junk. And if there had been a problem with it then it would have been replaced. One of the brothers just had a serious accident on his bike and is in the hospital so maybe that is why the phone isn't being answered as quickly as you'd like. They are well thought of around this forum and have tried to run a good business. Unlike the ebay sellers, they are bikers and part of the forum community.
I bought a number of engines from BGF in the past and it was a crap shoot. It was great until an automatic pull start was total junk and nothing was done about it in spite of my having given Rick a lot of business. There went the small savings I had made with each engine that was OK. As long as you're willing to gamble and keep getting lucky, all is well. Small things will be taken care of. But if the whole engine is a dud, forget about getting another one. It won't happen. How can it, when a vendor is selling at a very low profit margin?
None of these Chinese happy time engines is a Morini in quality. They are all cheap, some worse than others. To buy the cheapest thing possible and then complain that it isn't good quality is ludicrous. If you want to buy at the lowest possible price and don't mind gambling, go ahead and good luck.
SB

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
I didn't see the free shipping but still you have to consider the people like PB and Pirate are dedicated to the motor bicycling crowd only and they also operate physical store fronts and not just online ebay shops. If everybody got the attitude they are going to buy on the basis of price and to heck with the service then they will not be able to stay in business. Very much the same way that wally world ruined many small businesses. From what I see in rosas ebay shop they cater to the pocket bike guys and all they have are the kits for us. What happens when the dedicated MB guys are gone and you need just a small part and have to buy a kit to fix your bike?

dmb I know for a fact that Grubee has passed EPA certification and I think they will end up cornering the market in the near future simply for fact they are willing to change as the law does. I can also tell you that Grubee has been looking for an alternative to the CNSv2 carb one of which might be the Tillotson HE series that I helped Charles Demerjian at Tillotson design. They are doing the certification tests right now and if the pricing can be worked out they may be in future kits.

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
every time something has been said it has disapeared and some have been threatened with being banned. i too have tried to post but they have been blocked. go to pirate's site and have a good look at his new product's and you might notice their not that new. personally every time i've bought from pirate it was great he was a nice guy to deal with. i hope everything gets worked out because we all need quality products. sorry but for now your have to read between the lines.

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
every time something has been said it has disapeared and some have been threatened with being banned. i too have tried to post but they have been blocked. go to pirate's site and have a good look at his new product's and you might notice their not that new. personally every time i've bought from pirate it was great he was a nice guy to deal with. i hope everything gets worked out because we all need quality products. sorry but for now your have to read between the lines.
whats this mean dmb or am I just missing something?

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Well - honestly, as interesting as that is, this isn't about Pirate Cycles, it's about Rose326a.

Make a new thread with some evidence.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
every time something has been said it has disapeared and some have been threatened with being banned. i too have tried to post but they have been blocked.

(conspiracy intro, blah blah)

go to pirate's site and have a good look at his new product's and you might notice their not that new.

(pirate sells used stuff)

personally every time i've bought from pirate it was great he was a nice guy to deal with.

(regardless he's cool)

i hope everything gets worked out because we all need quality products. sorry but for now your have to read between the lines.

(but no matter how cool he is, get over the fact he sells used stuff)

This is the rundown of what he's saying. I don't buy it, though it'd be interesting to see the evidence you have to present backing this up.

BUT - this isn't the place for it, it's entirely unrelated, so lets PLEASE get this in a new thread.

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
And I'm sorry, too, but I'm not very good at "reading between the lines" when I don't know what you're talking about. What has been said that disappeared and who has been threatened with banning? On this forum at least banning is a last resort and I don't think it happens very often. I can not imagine someone being banned for speaking the truth. So far you have hinted that something is seriously wrong at Pirate and that consequences are imminent. Still, nobody knows what you're talking about, so why say it without really saying it?
It would be as if I made the statement, "well, you know what they say about the stuff from SBP, right? Nough said." (I'm just making this up as an example... sorry Pablo & Jim... you have great stuff). It casts doubt on a vendor without giving any reason for that doubt. So why do that? If there's a legitimate gripe then say it out loud, then at least the vendor can apologize or explain of defend or refute. Justin has worked hard to build up a good reputation and I still see no reason to think poorly of him or Pirate Cycles. I think we're fortunate to have Pirate and SBP, Piston and a number of top notch sellers serving this community. Where would we be without them?
SB

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
sorry but when i try to post it won't. everything was here monday and tuesday it was all gone. and this has nothing to do with selling used. the truth will come out soon enough and i hope it turns out better for everyone involved. and thats all i'm going to say on this subject