alarm system for you motorized bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
after my got stolen i decided it to get an alarm system usa bike motors let me have one of their alarm system so i went to waly world and got a u lock with my u lock and my alarm people wont mess with my bike anymore i have it in the very sensible level and man let me tell it works i was at work
and one of my co workers start messing with and the alarm went off i heard it and i went running here its a couple of picture i like it because u use letters instead of numbers

Attachments

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Great idea there..Where did you get the alarm system an how much?Recently there has been a couple of teenagers that I know personally (that i do not like) running around the neighborhood stealing any kind of bicycle they can get there hands on they even carry weapons,100's of bikes have been stolen in the last two months around the area..I've asked the police (what are you's doing about this) no reply from them lol!They have been stalking out my house ever sense I built my bike an have no where to store it besides outside in the backyard but they do know not to come on my property If you could show me a link to the system,I'd appreciate it man thanks!

AnthonyX99

Oct 13, 2009
Winnipeg
Do you still lock it up or do u take a parking space and just lock your rims and set your alarm and thanks for the post I ordered one from dealextreme.com for 7 bucks and signal lights did any try to steal your bike yet.

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
yes i still lock it up for a couple of hours then i bring it inside of my work and for the picture i hate to be person that has to take those u locks off

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
if it was me i will still lock it up the reason been it will be more save this way it will make thieves thing twice before stealing your bike this is the reason why i still lock my up

AnthonyX99

Oct 13, 2009
Winnipeg
Sorry ya I mean not locking it to a post just using a good lock around the rims and lock tight for the bolts and a motorbike tarp to cover it up in a parking space.

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
Hey Aaron check here, I am pretty sure this is the same one city of angels is using DealExtreme: $6.99 Vibration Activated 110dB Bicycle Anti-Theft Security Alarm with Password Keypad Also this one looks promising (I've heard they are cheaper build quality tho) DealExtreme: $3.50 Vibration Activated 120dB Bicycle Anti-Theft Security Alarm
I use the cheap version of the alarm.
It has saved one motorized bicycle .
The thieves had cut through the frame with a hack saw to remove the engine cvt gastank pod.
The frame was still securely locked to the post.
When I caught them .
The alarm is not so loud, but it was enough to get my attention.
Saved my engine .

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
it has a 4 digit code you put in. also you can set the sensitivity with the buttons. i ordered today and will report what i think when it gets here