Age, Gender, Occupation, # of Motorbikes

GoldenMotor.com

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
I am just curious as to the demographics of this community.

I'll start.

I'm 33, Male, a high school Geometry and Trig/PreCalc teacher, and have 1 motorbike.

Ok, now ya'll

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
44 years young
Territory Manager for a Worldwide Chemical Company and Team BoXer's R&D test rider/racer.
I forgot to add:
One Motorized Bike: a GT LTS(soon to be replaced) with a 5.8 Morini motor and a 56 tooth Kings sprocket. It only hits 35mph but has enough kick to climb some very steep mountain bike trails. With the 47 tooth sprocket it hits mid fortys.

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
63 year old medically retired photographer... The number of bikes varies widely from day to day. At the moment I have one china bike, one 33cc chainsaw bike and will have two more bikes awaiting friction drive engines on the way now.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
almost 56 years old
oil field trash I've worked for a major oil company for 30 years as a mechanic and operator. I've worked in oil field since 1974,worked on work over rigs for 5 years on the rigs I can work as an operator/driller, derrick hand, or floor hand.
I've got 3 motorized bikes 2 too many want to sell one
1 homemade airplane
1 racing gokart will sell
1 non motorized bike
1 home made recumbent bike not finished will sell
1 1995 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic 30th anniversary edition 1973 of 2000
2 cats old enough to drive
2 grown kids one is a artist. one is a house wife with my first grand baby
artist web site Gabe Leonard fine art and illustration see me as a gun slinger.rotfl
and an old snake woman who puts up with all my crazy $hit.
last time I looked I was still a male as long as I can out run the snake woman. rotflrotfl

Autocycler

Feb 14, 2008
Metro Washington, DC
34, history of science professor and museum educator, male, three eclectic motorized bikes (at least one of them is always road worthy) and a few vintage non-motorized bikes.

Oh yea, I also have about three metric tons of spare and used parts (as my wife frequently points out).

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Give me a salvage price on three brake calipers side pull type then lol. Better still make it a half dozen used ones.

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
I am an angry mid life crisis man of 42 years because I lost my job of 15 years so they can save money thank you Bush Go Obama you teh man.
But it's okay because while the rest works I get to play. I make ends meet because I'm also a host home provider taking care of a Developmentally Disabled man that has day program during the day so I can ride and I take him out with me on the weekends so my life is pretty much cake walk so why am I complaining I'll tell you why it's because I am broke but I am considering putting up an ad on Craigslist for local moving services because I own a full size truck that just sits there because my MB's rule every kind of rule I think that's it yes that's it.
(edit) No. That's not it. I've also been married 21 years to my soul mate two kids one is a tatoo artist and my girl is gonna join the Navy I dunno why cause she has great grades AP classes top 10 percentile she tells me she wants to pay for college on her own I'm so darn proud of her...my son too of course. :D

Last edited:

Biker Mike

Mar 21, 2008
Cropwell Alabama
Me, 47 MWM. I am a Safety Manager for the Dept. of Justice at a Federal Prison. I have 4 bikes, 1Yamaha 1100 V-Star. I ride the bikes more than the v-star lately. I parked my latest bike next to a $46,000 Harley at Sturgis South motorcycle rally 3 weeks ago and people ganged up around the bicycle taking pic's of it instead of the Harley. I thought that was awesome!!!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Male 44, retired from the U.S. Merchant Marine. Own a currier service and am a student at Hartford county fire fighting academy. I own 2 Happy times and I have lost count of how many bikes. (I buy odd and antic ones and the baby's Momma wants to keep them)
I am working on several prototypes of kits and hope to have a line of MB kit options ready for market by spring. I am also working on a hybrid wheeled air-boat for ice rescue, shallow water fire fighting and flood patrol. Carol and I just celebrated our 20Th, Well I celebrated. She, not so much. snork

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
41 SWM Presently working in Web Design/Development eCommerce. Started out in Industrial Design and went thru Business School for marketing and management. Have worked with mechancial and structrural devices most of my life. Have extensive experience with bicycles and motorcycles.

Live on the Ohio River in a beautiful yet isolated area.

I lurk and post here and on a few other boards to research and lean so I can better create a motorized bike that will serve my needs and possibly others will see it's benefits & function.

See, "Evolution of a thought" in Tavern

I have a converted 10 speed 27" bike that's now an upright 5 speed touring bike with a Tanaka (Sears Free Spirit) front mounted friction drive 2 cycle motor.

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
39 years
father of two beautiful daughters (^)
heavy equipment/forklift operator
2 personal motored bikes (used to be three, but one got killed and it's organs donated rotfl)

motored biking has been a wonderful experience.
true, as we all can attest, it can frustrating :crash: at times (at the worst times, usually), but also very therapeutic.
and we've saved a whole lot of money, by me riding the bikes instead of wearing out the car.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Almost 53 year old male, married, two children, two grandchildren, 1 spoiled Yorkshire Terrier and a rescued Greyhound, self employed in the Hair Care Industry in a thriving growing town.

2 1/2 motorized bicycles, 1983 Honda Goldwing, 1968 Wittman Tailwind.

I feel fortunate and blessed to live in a such a great country. Thanks George, Go Sarah.....................

Polman

Sep 4, 2008
Lake havasu city
41 year old former nurse(L.P.N.).License revoked 6 years ago due to DUI,enraged nearly drank myself to death and got 2-more dui's one of which was a felony.Now sober 9-months.Have one MB,schwinn comfort cruiser w/ GEBE - lots of fun/reliable.Currently considering relocation to Canada since I do not qualify for a job at Wallmart,etc. and owe the state $14,000 in fines.How are the Canadian MB laws?......Don't drink too much!:eek:

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
48 years old, single for 8 years (did my 20 years rotfl)
1 daughter, whose family I live with
former towing/recovery company owner/operator...lost rights to drive in '89 due to visual impairment (only have use of 1 eye)
now am full time grampa/babysitter of the 2 girls(3+5) in my avatar :):)
1 motor-assisted bicycle (have built 4...so far)
life for Bill is good !!! (^)

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
I'm 32 at the end of the month, female, former high school art teach now human resources for a multi-national fortune 500 company, and have 1 finished motored bike and 2 more in the works, one un-motored mountain bike, 2 cars and 2 dogs, no kids, my significant other and i have lived in sin together for 8 years now considered common law.

Last edited:

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
24 married (2 years) male, work as a photogrammetrist for a large commercial satellite imagery company. my 3 spoiled children are small and furry and say things like "meow." Currently have 1 MB, which my wife is still upset at me for buying (though, she's coming around now that we're saving gas)

And I should add, I use my MB to commute 6mi each way every single day. Even when it's cold/wet/rainy outside (like today)

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
I'm 53? have a MS in computer engineering, one spoiled rotten 10 lb dog.
Widower after 8 Wonderful years, Unknown amount of bikes, Honda Black Bird
(broken) Dodge Motor Home (broken too) very little $$ and about 1400 friends! :) I also have a shrink that said I ain't crazy enough to bother him yet, so come back in 6 Months. And One Huffy Mtn. Bike with a Dax 50cc that was rescued from a trash pile. The rest I forgot rotfl

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
54 (until November)
Married male
1 bicycle under construction with the engine in the mail.
I used to work as an electronics tech at the local bomb factory until after the last strike when things got ugly. Quit that and now work doing data entry for a company that does Archaeology. Better job but less pay.