I've read all the post and studied all the pics on the forum regarding the 80cc clutch. I've pulled all the parts off the shaft. It appears the inner shaft is frozen inside the outer shaft. Any ideas on how to remedy this?
i think i have same issue:
The clutch worked, maybe poorly but it worked, until i took the cover off
Yes, I did get mine working properly. After getting the main shaft off the motor, I also removed the clutch cover, then the clutch base. once those two pieces are off, you can the remove the bearing. After the bearing is off, you can unscrew the spring retainer (star nut). Once the spring retainer (star nut) and the spring is off, you'll be left with the other side of the spring retainer (sliding retainer), the main shaft, the inner shaft, and the retainer pin. use a punch to tap out the retainer pin. now the sliding spring retainer and the inner shaft can be separated. Here, you fill find that the sliding spring retainer is a very poor fitting and rough part when mated to the main shaft. The inner shaft is proably rusted in the main shaft too. Clean it all out, finely sand paper and polish all the parts, put some high quality grease on all the surfaces. Make sure everything is fitting properly and smooth. It should all work after that.
By the way, my engine did not come with the steel ball between the clutch lever and the inner shaft. I had to buy one. And no, I didn't accidently drop it! haha.
I don't follow