A little no pedal project

GoldenMotor.com

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Again just really nice work....I appreciate the photos taken during construction as they reveal the real thought and effort that one puts into the more bespoke bikes.

When saddle height and tire height are similar measurements and you are stretching a bit to reach the bars a bike does feel much smaller, and when the center of gravity is also slammed they get sporty as heck! A fellow tends to think about stop when all the above is coupled with a lot of go....

Could you post wheelbase and weight as well frame ground clearance?

Rick C.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Great photos Jeff !
The two photos of your last post one with the crankcase open and weld marks on the counter weights?
And next photo some real trick rocker arms.
Is that a AGK item? All your work is a wonder to behold.
The finish and attention to detail is insane.
Tom from Rubicon

Reactions: indian22

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Great photos Jeff !
The two photos of your last post one with the crankcase open and weld marks on the counter weights?
And next photo some real trick rocker arms.
Is that a AGK item? All your work is a wonder to behold.
The finish and attention to detail is insane.
Tom from Rubicon
The weld marks are holding in the weights, I had the crank ballanced. You can find all the hot rod parts from Isky Small Engine Cams. Thanks for the kind words Tom.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Isky does small engines? Who would have thought? Not I. The weld marks are holding in the weights, I had the crank balanced.
Jeff, I have another 79cc engine to send to AGK for head work.
Does he do crank balancing too? Your experience is greatly appreciated.
Tom from Rubicon

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Tom I'm not sure how long Isky has made cams for the small motors but my first Isky cam purchase was a 3/4 race profile for a 1957 8 hp Cushman Eagle & that was purchased from an Honest Charley's speed shop catalog in 1959. This was a part of my first high dollar hot rod project. .030 bore. new piston, valves and springs, Dellorto carb & shaved head...big time boy! I must have invested $50. or $60. in parts and machine work, but it was fast....thank you Isky.

Been hooked ever since.

Rick C.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Thanks for the replies Rick and Curt. Dolan told me don't waste money on a 79cc engine. He told me " Head work was the best investment".
It's just that I saw those rocker arms on Jeff's engine.
Put a rocker on and no one knows but you.
Tom from Rubicon

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
A few years ago I built up a smog era 302 carb Ford and added 150 hp to it with great heads at a cost about $8. per horsepower; of course that engine was set up with corresponding good stuff, but the heads breathed life into it! The cost for the first 75 hp was more than double that $8.00 per horse & ended up with well over 400 hp total

Tom I really like roller rockers.

Rick C.

Last edited:

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Great respect for all Pat's work, but 80 mph + on the salt at Bonneville and a "flats" record holder, well 'kinda think that speaks volumes about his advice on the small engines & moto bikes in general!

Looking at Jeff's engine work, design and bike construction one can't possibly miss seeing his skill and dedication to getting it right and he has; on multiple builds, including the sprint, that's the center piece of this thread, and he's quite deserving of all the praise he's received & will continue to receive....

Rick C.

Last edited: