98cc w/Huashang Carb AGK Jackshaft Shift kit

GoldenMotor.com

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
The two jackshaft assemblies are actually different. The one we sell for motorized bicycles is slightly longer for added clearance behind the engine. It also uses a shorter bearing carrier to allow the secondary chain to line up in a motorized bicycle application.
So the one for the 99c/ 79 cc is longer.So the other plates sold by the other shops are the shorter version? I was told by GTC that they were all the same.I guess they would not know about the longer version if they don't do motorized bicycles.Thanx for the correction...my bad.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Hey AGK! I just placed an order this afternoon for the 79cc jackshaft and lots O other stuff but its actually going on a 97cc Lifan just like this one. Did I order the right thing?

agk

Oct 2, 2010
Santa Barbara CA
So the one for the 99c/ 79 cc is longer.So the other plates sold by the other shops are the shorter version? I was told by GTC that they were all the same.I guess they would not know about the longer version if they don't do motorized bicycles.Thanx for the correction...my bad.
Actually the GTC plate is the longer version like the one we sell for the 79cc/99cc engines. It also has the shorter bearing carrier which you need for proper chain alignment on a motorized bicycle.

The mini bike jackshaft we sell is not what you want to use on a motorized bike mainly due to the long bearing carrier. GTC also sells a jackshaft kit (p/n 1201) which you would not want to use due to the long bearing carrier and the fact the mounting holes are not slotted for chain adjustment.

Sorry if i caused any confusion.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Hey MotoMagz, I just picked up a Lifan 98cc for $50 from jbcruisin. The governor was already removed, and I cant find any info on how many rpms it makes with the gov removed. I am planning on using the agk transmission with no shift kit, and trying to determine what size sprocket to get for the rear wheel. I would like to gear the bike to go about 35 top speed and have good torque for hill climbing. Also, should I get the clutch for higher rpm engagement for engines with the governor removed? Thanks.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
BBB. Im building the same motor. Till Moto gets back heres what I ordered. http://www.affordablegokarts.com/mm...ode=A&Product_Code=2400&Category_Code=MTRBK79 I got it for the lower engagement RPM as Im not shure even with the Gov removed it will, or should spin past 5000 or so. For the Jackshaft I ordered: http://www.affordablegokarts.com/mm...ode=A&Product_Code=2600&Category_Code=MTRBK79 I also snaged one of these in 28T http://www.affordablegokarts.com/mm...e_Code=A&Product_Code=0520*&Category_Code=PCJ My rationalle was if this reduction works I wont have to go bigger that my existing 44T Sportscarpat hub and sproket. It should still put me at about 12:1 I also ordered the metal shroud. After my wandering finger incident with the "Twin" motor / flywheel I figured it was a good deal...

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Glad you picked that one up for me Velodrome.I have a video but need to figure out how to up load it.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
So in other words, 12:1 is a good gear ratio for this engine? I can use the jackshaft stock and go up to a 56t sprocket in the rear to get the same reduction.

Edit: then again, the sprocket for the mini hub is a lot cheaper. I dont have a hub adapter, not sure at this point if I will get one or not.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Ok, this may be a silly question, but what is a catch can and what does it do? I think I know the answer and I believe it is for catching the crank case fumes and letting any fluids collect in the bottom of the can. I would also guess these are only used on 4 stroke engines.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Ok, this may be a silly question, but what is a catch can and what does it do? I think I know the answer and I believe it is for catching the crank case fumes and letting any fluids collect in the bottom of the can. I would also guess these are only used on 4 stroke engines.
Spot on draco. Blowby past the rings on 4 strokes will slightly presurize the crank case. In motors with intact airfilter boxes this air is vented via a hose to the airbox and just run back through the motor. If you modify the airbox out of existance, you need to run some for of catch can to keep oil mist off your rear tire ( IF you have a LOT of blow by, usually caused by bad rings) otherwise, its just messy; and an open hole in the side of the motor to allow in dirt and fluids. Thus the tubing and can.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Spot on draco. Blowby past the rings on 4 strokes will slightly presurize the crank case. In motors with intact airfilter boxes this air is vented via a hose to the airbox and just run back through the motor. If you modify the airbox out of existance, you need to run some for of catch can to keep oil mist off your rear tire ( IF you have a LOT of blow by, usually caused by bad rings) otherwise, its just messy; and an open hole in the side of the motor to allow in dirt and fluids. Thus the tubing and can.
Which would mean that this item would be on a 2 stroke as far as I can see.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
No... 2 strokes dont have crankcase oil except for the oil in the premix that gets atomized by the carb. In a 2 stroke, the bottem end / crankcase acts a a part of the intake system.

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Here's a Wikipedia link that describes crankcase ventilation:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crankcase_ventilation_system

Alternatives

Not all petrol engines have PCV valves. Engines not subject to emission controls, such as certain off-road engines, retain road draft tubes. Dragsters use a scavenger system and venturi tube in the exhaust to draw out combustion gases and maintain a small amount of vacuum in the crankcase to prevent oil leaks on to the race track. Small gasoline two stroke engines use the crankcase to partially compress incoming air. All blow by in these engines is burned in the regular flow of air and fuel through the engine. Many small four-cycle engines such as lawn mower engines and small gasoline generators, simply use a draft tube connected to the intake, between the air filter and carburetor, to route all blow by back into the intake mixture. The higher operating temperature of these small engines has a side effect of preventing large amounts of water vapor and light hydrocarbons from condensing in the engine oil.

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Last edited:

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Lookin forward to the vids, MotoMagz! (^)
I won't be putting up the video til this weekend.Wifey is booked.

The oil catch can to me is away to keep my carb clean.I had it routed to my velocity stack and it was leaving a gummie residue that I did not want in my carb..When you are pumpin out 2.5 HP you gotta lotta oil to catch..lol

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Moto- Awesome bike I love it. Since there is a bit of discussion about ghe akg jackshafts can one of you guys answer a few questions about it. I have a couple bikes in planning/ slow building stages and am considering the jackshaft on both.
What is the bolt hole pattern measurement? I want to use it on a 3 hp flathead i got. Is it possible to get it undrilled if the pattern wont work?
Velo- one of the bikes i want to run a sheave (another 50 Panther) do you think a pulley instead of the sprocket on the backside would do the trick.

Last edited:

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Moto- Awesome bike I love it. Since there is a bit of discussion about ghe akg jackshafts can one of you guys answer a few questions about it. I have a couple bikes in planning/ slow building stages and am considering the jackshaft on both.
What is the bolt hole pattern measurement? I want to use it on a 3 hp flathead i got. Is it possible to get it undrilled if the pattern wont work?
Velo- one of the bikes i want to run a sheave (another 50 Panther) do you think a pulley instead of the sprocket on the backside would do the trick.
Thanx Chain..I believe it will fit, will try to meausure it but for now read the second post here http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/doodlebug-minibikes/17949-doodlebug-performance-jackshaft-22.html