???? 8W 750LM 12v Led Headlight ????

GoldenMotor.com

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
So have you tested out the run time on it yet my rides home range from 20min to 40min an hour at most. Wondering if I could get 2 rides home per charge.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
So have you tested out the run time on it yet my rides home range from 20min to 40min an hour at most. Wondering if I could get 2 rides home per charge.
No I don't have the light mounted on the bike yet, but with a good battery you should be good for at least a couple hours I would think, but until I actually do a time test I wont know that for sure, I work 12 hours a day and have been working 6 days a week here lately so I felt like messing with the light yet, and on top of the hours I been putting in we just broke out of a very hot spell here in central Texas that had us @ 100+ degrees for 96 days straight so this is another reason I haven't done much with it yet also.

I had a 50w Halogen light on my bike and with it I got around 1.5 hours before battery started getting low so I figure with the 8w LED I should get at least 3 maybe 4 times that run time.

The pic below is the kind of battery I'm using.

Peace, map

Attachments

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I'm curious to see how they will work if source voltage is not maintained at precisely 12v's.
...guessing you're gonna run total loss from a small mc battery... and if it drops down to 10, or even 8 volts, will the led's still function???

Pls let us know.
rc

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thanks for the heads up on this MapBike(^) Been doing some research on a light weight Lipo battery. I think if'n this bulb only draws 500 MA then it will run 4.4 hours? #LP-2200-3S-25C Some one might correct my math?

Bang for the buck this is way better than this price... Amazon.com: Niterider NiteRider Pro 1200 LED Light: Sports & Outdoors

Run two bulbs aye.

I stumbled on this link and found it amusing lol.. WorldsBrightestBike
HOLY CRAP!! Thats NOT photoshoped! its real laff

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Got my led light today. Its dark out side I used a little 12v DC wall adapter. I could see stuff down the street. The beam it puts out light at the side of the road very wide too. The beam width is flawless for this application. Does everything perfect.usflg

The billet aluminum casing is a tad on the heavy side but immaculately beautifully done. I can see this working well on a classic looking ride fo sho. Just very extremely pleased with this light. It will be a piece of cake for any one to mount these with a little imagination!

I did not get 4 of these as I thought I read the advertisement. I am not complaining at all this thing is worth ever penny!!(^)

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Just to let everyone who is curious know, I did hook the 8w Led light up and it is extremely bright, I still dont have it on a bike, just haven't had time to work on the bike lately, but it's super bright and put a beam way out there, lights stuff up good out to at least 40+ yards.

Peace

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
Iam running one on my bike it is super bright and looks very retro. I dont know how long it lasts on battery as I have mine hooked up to my generator powered elect system with battery and charge controller.

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Any updates on this light? I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair.
I am a little picky tho I go far as bright as I can get or why bother. This light fits in a very good category!

It is not a bad light. I think personally two is a magic number to ''flat out'' see everything like a car with two headlamps. I have this light don't really know what the model is. I got it from a freind. It is a little bit brighter but not by a lot.. http://motorbicycling.com/attachments/f47/40672d1317588407-goats-scsw-boxer-p1010003.jpg

I really got to say tho this is a very nice light and it works perfect for a retro look. There is no way anyone in the dark at night can't notice you. I have not even got a battery for my light yet. Working on the bike it is supposed to go to still as well.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Here is a pict for those curious.
Also to be fair I have only powered my light off a little DC wall adapter. Don't think it makes that much difference tho. As this light is a very low currant draw.

Also this thing looks water proof enough to be darn near submersible..

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Well, glad to see someone else is getting one of these lights hooked up and going on there bike, mine is still in the box, lots going on in my neck of the woods the last few months so my bike stuff has really been on hold, I'm really itching to get back to putting somethings together and using a few ideas I've had lately on a few things.

For the money these are the best lights I've found for our bikes, like I had said before and as others have now found out, these lights are very bright and as it was said before above, there is no way someone wouldn't see you coming with this light on.

Also see where oldtimer54 has his hooked up to a generator system, that answered my question on that because I had wondered if that 12V gen. system that fella sells on ebay would power one of these good.

Peace, map

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
Iam not powering this light with one of those ebay systems. I built this one from scratch. I found a chrome 100 watt gen and made some pullys on the lathe and took the power off my jack shaft (with a sewing machine belt lol). I used a lever set off a moped for the switches. I found a water proof box for the battery and electrics. I even installed a 20 amp water proof cig lighter for my two way radio.I now have running/brake and head lights and a loud horn made for a VW (I think?) and I found a realy cool speedo/tac with temp just so I know how cold and fast Iam is as I ride. I posted a few pics in my thread.

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I got a similar one from DealExteme.com. The link is 10W 800-Lumen 6500-7000K White LED Light Bulbs (DC 9~26V) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
Here's how I mounted it on the bike.

The mounting yoke that comes with it is very weak. I don't trust it. I made my own out of 1/8" x 1" aluminum bar and mounted it using 1/4" stainless bolts and nuts with o-rings. Here are pictures with the new yokes.

And here's a youtube video I made comparing it to my Ford Explorer's headlights.

Alternator Final Design Light Output Test - YouTube

Definitely the best 12 volt LED headlight suitable for motorized bikes that I've come across so far. It works really well with my 4 stroke magneto alternator and is very forgiving as to voltage input.

Last edited:

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I really like the look of the deal extreme aluminum job. What kind of battery pack would it take if you dont want to run direct off the motor? Ive been looking high and low for one I can fit into something like this: Lucas Silver King Vintage Bicycle Oil Lamp | eBay Cant have the on/off button on the lamp itself for obvious reasons.
You'll need a 12 volt battery and figure on .8 Ah (Amp Hours) per hour of run time that you want. For example, 3 hours of run time would be 3 x .8 = 2.4 Ah battery.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish

Attachments