80cc Engine

GoldenMotor.com

Garrett

Nov 22, 2008
San Luis Obispo
Hey guys im new here and I want to install an 80cc engine on my Specialized hardrock mountain bike. Its an older model... maybe like 1994-1996 and I was curious to know if the engine would work.

Thanks!

Garrett

biken stins

Jul 11, 2008
Welcome Garret.
Somewhere on the site or someone can tell you the L,H,W needed.
What size is your bike ?
Where there's a will there's away. Good Luck,

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hello Garrett, Welcome to the forum :D

Most 24" or 26" bicycle with diamond frame and horizontal top tube should have sufficient space to mount motor.

At least 12.5 inches running along the seat tube from the top of the bottom bracket to the bottom of the top tube.Tubing size from 1-1.5inches on the both the seat and down tube. Plus or minus 70deg. above the bottom bracket between the down tube and the seat tube. Inner distance between pedals needs to be greater than 4.5 inches in width to clear the 4.5inch wide motor.

Garrett

Nov 22, 2008
San Luis Obispo
ok, do u know if i can adjust the handle bars on a bike like that?i want to raise them up a bit becuz it feels like im riding a crotch rocket haha

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You can raise the gooseneck a little on most bikes, but you'd be better off just putting on a set of bars that feel right.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I'm looking at photos of your bike and I think it's gonna be a squeeze to fit the engine in there.....I may be totally wrong but I would check measurements.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
It will fit no problem. You also will not pedal as much with the engine so you can lower your seat. That should make the ride more comfortable. But some new raised bars would help as well.

Garrett

Nov 22, 2008
San Luis Obispo
Wait a second, my friend and I are both studying to be engineers and we wanted to fabricate some kind of gear switching device so that we can achieve higher speeds. Did you buy this shift set or did you make it?

Looks just like mine, it fit easy.
1st pic: the original install.
2nd pic install with shift kit.