40mph speed secrets revealed

GoldenMotor.com

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
i made the removeable crank halves out of aluminum and balanced the assembly with 52% of the reciprocating weight with brass slugs.

heres the money shot with the crankpin welded to the flywheels, which are trued to .003"

assembled the casehalves to check for any interference issues, endplay, etc. the piston skirt hit the flywheels because of the 10mm increase in stroke, i had to remove about .125".

Last edited:

Foximus

Sep 28, 2009
Orlando
Wait wait wait... why did you add brass slugs? That makes no sense.

Why wouldnt you just remove the same amount of weight from the opposite side...

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
because there is not enough aluminum to remove. does it make sense now? they used to be cast iron. not to mention the fact that the crankpin is now 10mm farther from the center of the crank, which means that you need that much more weight because of the mechanical advantage. rest assured that the crank weighs less now than it did before, and that it is balanced for a higher rpm than before.

Foximus

Sep 28, 2009
Orlando
haha... when and where is that? Tuesday my new control board for my welder gets here and I can actually finish up my exhaust... Im excited. In the mean time I should really work out my porting... but im lazy.

I have to blueprint and port a 750 kawi motor for a customer... but eh... soo time consuming. haha.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
haha... when and where is that? Tuesday my new control board for my welder gets here and I can actually finish up my exhaust... Im excited. In the mean time I should really work out my porting... but im lazy.

I have to blueprint and port a 750 kawi motor for a customer... but eh... soo time consuming. haha.
Ooooh! An H2 triple?

Foximus

Sep 28, 2009
Orlando
Interesting. I would love to have a 2 stroke bike. But probably would stick to a twin. Tripples usually add another 25-30 lbs for that third cylinder.

Foximus

Sep 28, 2009
Orlando
Well.. the motor is not a turd... the ski it goes in is a turd. very heavy and stable hull. Whats the point in that?

I specialize in taking big motors and building custom 1980's stand up hulls around them, then prep for racing.

These HTs are fun because they are cheap and like you show, power is just up to your inginuity, because if you blow up a motor, its only 60 bucsk for a new one. And you can throw them in anything with just a little bit of weld wire.

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
i made the removeable crank halves out of aluminum and balanced the assembly with 52% of the reciprocating weight with brass slugs.
Foureasy,

How can you be sure that those brass slugs would not pop out under heat and rotational forces? Did you weld it? I hate to see it when one of those slugs pop out at 1000 rpm...

and where did you get that concave piston head? My piston head is flat...

Cheers...

Last edited:

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
the brass is pressed in with aboout 5 tons, it ix pressed so hard that it is smooshed into place, they wont be coming out. the piston is convex, go figure, thats why i'm running e 85 109 octane. i've had too much to drink, more pics tomorrow!

Foximus

Sep 28, 2009
Orlando
the brass is pressed in with aboout 5 tons, it ix pressed so hard that it is smooshed into place, they wont be coming out. the piston is convex, go figure, thats why i'm running e 85 109 octane. i've had too much to drink, more pics tomorrow!

LOL... duh you little turd polisher. If you look back on my first post ever (the one where stvg1 gets his back up) I told you that the pistons would be domed.

Bwahaha. =P

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
LOL... duh you little turd polisher. If you look back on my first post ever (the one where stvg1 gets his back up) I told you that the pistons would be domed.

Bwahaha. =P
I get my back up over your crap attitude, If you look back i told you that not all the pistons are domed, all my motors have flat pistions though i did order a replacement piston once and it is domed.

The piston pictured looks better and alot different than any HT piston ive ever seen.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
We'll let this thread go if there is no more arguing or name calling. If you can't discuss without conflict stay out of the conversation.
Tom

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny

Bwahaha. =P
I get my back up over your crap attitude, If you look back i told you that not all the pistons are domed, all my motors have flat pistions though i did order a replacement piston once and it is domed.
Personally I find these "discussions" the most entertaining part of forums. Not everybody appreciates same sense of humor though.

"If we can't kid each other... who can we kid?" -Fernwood 2night