30 Miles and WT#!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

crobo

Mar 24, 2010
boston ma
if youre getting strong spark when u pull the plug then the cdi and mag are most likely working.the timing might be off? if i were you i would have ghost ridding this bike off a cliff by now lol. patience is def a virtue for you.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
rw, i would think you are way past the pulling your hair out stage. but i will ask again; is you spark plug wet every time you remove it? if so you are floaded bad. you stated that gas was running out the muffler. the carburators are very simple, not much to them. a 600 hp race car is often stopped by a 50 cent deal, so to speak. the china girl kits have a way of testing a person`s limit`s. good luck, we are all hoping for your solution. ron

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
rw, i would think you are way past the pulling your hair out stage. but i will ask again; is you spark plug wet every time you remove it? if so you are floaded bad. you stated that gas was running out the muffler. the carburators are very simple, not much to them. a 600 hp race car is often stopped by a 50 cent deal, so to speak. the china girl kits have a way of testing a person`s limit`s. good luck, we are all hoping for your solution. ron
I am really starting to wonder about whether it is a carb problem, because it was running fine and all of a sudden it just died, I think that it is truly a electrical issue, I take the plug out and sometimes I can get a spark and other times I can't..

Q

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
There have been some flaky CDI's that once the spark is redirected into the head the spark will not travel there because of compressed atmosphere . The spark is like lightning it just wants the easiest path to ground . Meaning it might be grounding out in the CDI. when I had one that gave me trouble right before I condemned it I felt it , it was warm to the touch [ CDI].

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Now technically with a giving good spark in the picture and a none flooded engine just one teaspoon of gasoline through the spark plug hole its going to fire up for a second! I am wondering its spark finding a way to ground instead of going into the cylinder. I have seen this scenario before with a china..first hand. Where when I had looked at my spark plug when I had it out I saw spark on mine.

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
Now technically with a giving good spark in the picture and a none flooded engine just one teaspoon of gasoline through the spark plug hole its going to fire up for a second! I am wondering its spark finding a way to ground instead of going into the cylinder. I have seen this scenario before with a china..first hand. Where when I had looked at my spark plug when I had it out I saw spark on mine.
But what would change it from running just fine to all of a sudden grounding out the spark and getting nothing?

what was your remedy Goat Herder?
Q

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
But what would change it from running just fine to all of a sudden grounding out the spark and getting nothing?

what was your remedy Goat Herder?
Q
At the time I had a spare CDI from another kit. Mine would run when it was cold as soon as it warmed up dead nuttun. CDI could have broken done internally on yours too? I read somewhere I think you said sometimes you saw good spark then not . In my case I could see a spark with the plug out but when I put it back in the head it chose to travel to ground inside the CDI.

When I took shop classes in high school years ago we had a glass chamber that could be pressurized with shop air. It had 110 volt ac spark going into the chamber with the spark plugs we were testing. Put more shop air pressure to the chamber acting like compression we could observe spark breaking down at the said plug through the window! A bad plug would break down under less atmospheric pressure than a good one.

Electricity loves the easiest path to ground. It takes a healthy proper insulated circuit to make that happen cracks in the porclin on a plug etc

Last edited:

crobo

Mar 24, 2010
boston ma
if the spark jumped ground tot he head while it was installed there could be come carbon traces left on the plug insulator that will cause it to ground out to the head instead of to the contact on the plug. test a new plug?

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Mine ran high and idled terribly for the break in period till I broke in the cylinder well and went to 32:1

Big Tip!!! Buy Sick Bike Parts Fuel Shutoff petcock. $9. Huge difference in idling eratically and not.

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
hey this is why i mentioned the inline spark tester....if you got spark through one of those and have another plug in it then its working....the carb i would still warrantee....bike berry(whoopsie i said it)would not risk their reputation on a cheap part....cdi's are cheap too

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
well yeah they have the same cheap parts but they would not want to be slandered here for not following up with thier 6 month warantee....it wouldnt cost them much to show that they are standing behind their product....is that stated better for you joe....i didnt mean they had a different part than everybody else...

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.
yesterday I noticed that the black wire that is attached to the mag was loose, accually it was stripped out! well I changed it to the other bolt in front of it but I still had no go.
are you talking about one of the screws that actually holds the mag assembly on? if the pickup (mag) is loose it could have moved toward or away from the shaft then that would explain the no spark also.

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
126 replies and this pest is still un-eradicated.

when you read this q send me a pm with the original problem and everything you have done in the order you did them up until now and i will take a good look at it all and help you one on one. lets get this thread closed up :)

hum

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
I was able to send of my carb, cdi, and mag to BB.com yesterday to let them figure it out. The tech said that it was very unlikly that the motor itself was bad and that It could only be one of three things, hopefully they will send me all new stuff to find out what the problem is, I am tired of dealing with this thing....I WANT TO RIDE!!!!!

Q

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
ok then, get back to men when your replacements come back :)

in the meantime, go out and pick up these things for your spark, a chunk of 7mm Plug wire with a shielded core, a NGK cap, and an NGK plug B5HS.

Shouldnt run you any more than $15 for all 3