30 Miles and WT#!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
ok then, get back to men when your replacements come back :)

in the meantime, go out and pick up these things for your spark, a chunk of 7mm Plug wire with a shielded core, a NGK cap, and an NGK plug B5HS.

Shouldnt run you any more than $15 for all 3
have already done all three things.

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
Well I'm Back, I just got back the NEW carb, NEW CDI, NEW MAG today, the carb was a different carb (it did not have a shutoff on the carb) so I just went ahead and put it all back together, I checked to see If I get spark and yes I do get spark and it looks like it is hot and strong, In riding it around trying to start it I am getting fuel dripping out the exhaust, so it is getting fuel, I put my finger over the plug hole and it seems to have plenty of compression, the plug is a new NGK.

I have a e-mail into BB and explained the situation, I think that I want a new motor or my MONEY back I am fed up with this thing, thanks I needed that, so, What now?

Q

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
did you check if the mag key was there? did you ever take it off? if so the keyway should be in the 2 oclockish position when installed properly@tdc not 11ish and try starting it with no pipe i've seen them blocked up out of the box sounds like youve covered most of the bases

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Rw, I Know How Frustrated You Must Be. I Posted A Long Time Ago, That Especially The Ht Motor`s Are A Real Test Of A Person`s Mental Strength!! Lol. It Seem`s To Me That Your Engine Has Been Floaded Out For A Long Time. The Crankcase Must Be Full Of Fuel. Maybe Someone Can Jump In, How To Best Unflood It. Ron

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
Rw, I Know How Frustrated You Must Be. I Posted A Long Time Ago, That Especially The Ht Motor`s Are A Real Test Of A Person`s Mental Strength!! Lol. It Seem`s To Me That Your Engine Has Been Floaded Out For A Long Time. The Crankcase Must Be Full Of Fuel. Maybe Someone Can Jump In, How To Best Unflood It. Ron
I just talked to the person at BB and he made it sound like the motor was flooded, so I went out and pedaled my arse off, well when I would slow down to a almost stop I heard a slight pop, so maybe it will start soon, if it is flooded, how long does one have to pedal with out the gas turned on to clear it out? and once it is started what would make it flood so easally, do you have to have the needle set for the leanest setting?

Q

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
did you check if the mag key was there? did you ever take it off? if so the keyway should be in the 2 oclockish position when installed properly@tdc not 11ish and try starting it with no pipe i've seen them blocked up out of the box sounds like youve covered most of the bases
do you have to take off the cyl. head off to see if it is at TDC?

Q

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If gas is pouring out of the exhaust, you have a sticking float or possibly a jet that is loose.
A lemon won't do that to your engine.

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
wow i want to help you...your first build is a nightmare....can you get us a video of you trying to get this going???that pop pop sound is a good thing....do you choke the engine at first then put the clutch back in and un choke it...they always fire up for me when i do that....wow do i want a crack at this...and so does everybody else....weve all been waiting to here back from you....can you find a way to get us a video??

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
do you have to take off the cyl. head off to see if it is at TDC?

Q
NO you can feal it through the spark plug hole. Car not wedge any thing in there. You should be able to use a screw driver or the like and slowly turn it over till the piston comes to top.

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
If gas is pouring out of the exhaust, you have a sticking float or possibly a jet that is loose.
A lemon won't do that to your engine.
Gas is not Pouring out, it is just two or three drops, but like I said I can hear a pop at the time when I almost stop, so I am starting to try to be optimistic about this whole thing, I will see when I get home from work this afternoon.

DJEEPER

Nov 9, 2009
Yorktown
honestly, it sounds like all electrical issues.

if you are getting a pop, then i would say that you should start at the plug and work your way back to the magnito from there.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
I wouldnt be sticking anything dwn the plug hole to find tdc make sure the magnet is on right or it will not start and 30 miles is more than suficient to blow an engine you should def check the top end afte you check the mag to be on correct you would be amazed i blew an engine at 6 miles a couple weeks back

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
I wouldnt be sticking anything dwn the plug hole to find tdc make sure the magnet is on right or it will not start and 30 miles is more than suficient to blow an engine you should def check the top end afte you check the mag to be on correct you would be amazed i blew an engine at 6 miles a couple weeks back
Please forgive my ignorance but when you blow an engine what should a person be looking for? I tried clearing the engine out and still nothing, the tech at BB say that I need to go back to a richer ratio in my fuel, now i am running 28:1, he wants 20:1, I want to be covered by warranty so I will go back to that....

Q

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Not to be smart But back 50+ years ago whe all you had was a screw driver,pliers,and a cresent wrench. you did what you could. Turn it over by hand till it comes up to top. then you turn it one way till it starts to drop. Make a mark. Turn it the other til it starts to drop make a mark. Half way between is top dead center.
I think if you burnedone in 6 miles you eather run it to lean or to fast

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Please forgive my ignorance but when you blow an engine what should a person be looking for? I tried clearing the engine out and still nothing, the tech at BB say that I need to go back to a richer ratio in my fuel, now i am running 28:1, he wants 20:1, I want to be covered by warranty so I will go back to that....

Q
Look for a burnt or scord wall. There will still be enough compresion to blow your finger but not enough to run right, but it should still run. Unless you burned a hole in the piston top...