212 hf / schwinn delmar

GoldenMotor.com

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
took the roadmaster for a few more test rides today. i love this bike,i live in Indiana and as long as im not flying past cars on main streets i dont think the cops will care.. they only stopped me once in 2 years in a the city of munster only because he was curious said he never seen one before ran my license and let me go. most cops dont know the difference in engine displacement they figure if its in a bicycle it cant be that big.but if noones watching im going to cut this beast loose OH YEAH!!!dnut
glenn

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
so heres whats up i had some issues that i have been working out on my bike i had some pin holes in my tank so i have not been doing any test rides lately but i think the tank is fine now i sealed it with GOLD tank sealer. 96 hour cure time!! that gave me plenty of time to repaint. Here it is ready to be reinstalled.. permanently I HOPE!!!
glenn

Attachments

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Nice job on the paint Glen. I had a leak in one of my tanks and just repaired it... Held my breath and tig welded it up... Lol

ya the bike are fun to ride that's for sure... Till we get busted

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
work on the bike this afternoon remounted the tank so far so good no leaks .. took it for a little spin changed out the jet seems to be running good still to much ice out there!! will check plug tommorrow. heres a pic with the bike about 80% complete now i need to work on the drum brakes and getting rid of those red rims
glenndnut

Attachments

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
You are the man...

Got the same exact frame as you finally delivered and that bike may look huge in the photos, but in reality it is normal sized

Excellent job in fitting the engine and getting it to run...

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
thanks dog congrats on the frame your goin to love it when its done i have about 12 motorcycles,gasbikes,scooters in the garage but the roadmaster is definitely my favorite. let the building begin lol
glenn

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
scored some nice lelue hubs today hope to lace these up and get them on the bike soon.. thing thats bugging me is they didnt ship the sprocket WTF ive not been having much luck with venders lately. im sure its nothing major just time consuming.seems like every time i order something it takes 2 weeks but yet we pay high shipping fees for ups ground or fed ex. heres a pic of the hubs..

glenndnut

Attachments

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
I really should not call it a hog. There are some very special bikes on here, all top notch stuff, yours however is one of my very favorites for some reason. Your the guy that filled the luxury liner space that they said could not be filled. I enjoy watching it evolve. How did you like that tank sealer and is there any ethanol at all in your gas?

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
thanks skitch yeah we have ethenol here too so far the tank sealer is holding good i dont think ill have any more probs im still tryin to get the stuff off my hands LOL. it was the first time i ever welded a tank i have a little experience but not much so you know im super happy with the way it came out even if its not perfect just hope i dont have to much trouble lacing these hubs hopin just to reuse original spokes and a you tube vid..
glenn

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
yeah, I don't want to pee on your parade but i imagine your new hubs have a way different flange diameter which will require different spokes. Google bicycle spoke length calculator and check new and old hubs and you will see what i'm talking about. Good Luck! You will get a great feeling of accomplishment from wheel building as you did with tank and stuffing that motor in there.

MotorMichael

Nov 21, 2011
San Jose, CA
Hey Glenbo...I hope you do succeed in stuffing a 212 into a v-frame. I'd really love to see it once installed. I'm going with one (possibly a 99) on a rear mount. No way do I have the room for that. I did just "steal a schwinn OCC stingray from craigs list. Complete and in perfect ondition (yeah I know) for 400 bucks. On that one I intend to put a large predator in "v-frame" style. Keep me posted. Again, i'd love to see your 212 project. Mike

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Hey Glenbo...I hope you do succeed in stuffing a 212 into a v-frame. I'd really love to see it once installed. I'm going with one (possibly a 99) on a rear mount. No way do I have the room for that. I did just "steal a schwinn OCC stingray from craigs list. Complete and in perfect ondition (yeah I know) for 400 bucks. On that one I intend to put a large predator in "v-frame" style. Keep me posted. Again, i'd love to see your 212 project. Mike

Mike... he already succeeded in doing this!

There are many many pictures of the engine in the frame in this post

Go through the 10 pages of this post and you will see his success!