2016 EXCELSIOR Board Tracker Flat Head Build

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Well it's been awhile since I posted, these are the updates. The bike build is done and parts are off to powder coating and have yet to drop off the others for chrome. I completed the handle bars today with the internal throttle and polished the stainless bars...turned out nice. I ended up polishing the bottom bracket setup too...getting a little carried away I think....

Take a look at that powder coating, you could not do better with a top notch paint job. That black is deep...

Wheel tire setup in one of the pictures, was thinking of using the felt quick bricks in black, my kids says don't do it...run the ones like on the back wheel.

I have this little trick setup that came with the motor for a kill switch, required for junior dragster class...polished and will set this up as a kill switch for the motor.

Still have a lot to do but looking forward to completing....

Attachments

Reactions: Nightster

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
I've had a difficult time deciding what I like best about your X. The engine, frame or ...? Bottom line. What difference does it make? I can't see any compromises. It all works wonderfully well together. Great work! Rick C.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey Jeff,

Nice looking parts, so shiny. Man, those Helmutt frames just have the "right" stance, you know? I especially like how the engine crankshaft sits far below the axle height. I really like it when the engine sits lower like that, lower center of gravity and all.

As always, top notch work, it does make me a little sad though to think that this will be your last gas bike build, say it aint so!

Anyways, if it turns out to be the last gas bike you build, way to go out on a high note!

I look forward to seeing this bike in action some time.

Take it easy bro,

Gilbert

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Spent a little time on the bike today, installing a steering damper on the bike, mocking up and placement of the fork tab is critical so I am taking my time. Got the reduction drive installed, that black and polished aluminum contrast is killer...

Still prepping parts to get chromed, going wild on this one.

Gilbert: this may not be my last gas bike, the next one may be a crazy race bike that I will sponsor for someone to race...we shall see.

Attachments

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Oh man that build is so gorgeous, the motor is looking great!!! There really is no replacement for the finish of machined billet parts. Love the detail work, magneto is painted and rope start cup has the minimum slot in it.

Watch out though! My rope start caught it again and WHIPPED the **** outta my leg. This pic is a week after... zpt

Attachments

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Gilbert: this may not be my last gas bike, the next one may be a crazy race bike that I will sponsor for someone to race...we shall see.
Now that's what I wanted to hear! CCC still in the internal combustion game!

I know this bike is still not finished, but the idea of you building a new race bike is super exciting. We've missed you at the track.

Keep in keepin' on,

Gilbert

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Hey Gilbert good new on the health issues so I am good and on the track for builds. A few pictures of what going on, parts off for chrome ( dont ask what it going to cost...it will shock you but when done it will surprise you) Ordered some new tires, to help fit the look: felt quick bricks look good on a 50mm rim so i am excited. Random pictures of the build: having a good time with this one for sure

Attachments

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
A little update, while waiting for parts I have started on the tank and battery box. Got a nice yahoo in the metal right below the filler on the side, must have been from the heat while welding...this will be a challenge to get this right...I may give it a shot or tap out and farm it out. Want it to look right and also add some custom lettering to both.

Attachments

Reactions: Nightster

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Sill waiting for parts that are being chromed, nice long weekend so I got to play in the garage all day. Polished the stanless intake, worked on the motor mount and mounted the motor. Received the tires from felt and installed them, look nice and will go good with the bike. Still have stainless hardware to polish and sort out.

The tank and seat pan are going to take some work, still not sure what I am going to do, want nice paint and a leather covered seat.... $$$$

Attachments

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Sunday Fun Day, relaxing and doing little things to the bike. Wanted a nice velocity stack for the mikuni carb but could not find one to fit the 22mm, so I took the bat from my kids little league days and chop-machine and polished it...way better than I thought it would turn out.

Chrome should be done this week I hope, then it's time to build!!!!!

Attachments

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Thanks MotoMagz, I have got carried away on this bike build and really no turning back now. I guess this will be my event rider since every weekend something is going on in California.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey Jeff,

So glad to hear that things turned out ok on the health front, you had me worried. All I can say about all that new chrome bling is you will have a lot of cleaning to do after every ride. Speaking of rides, to me, riding the creation is what it's all about.

I want to ride with you when this bad boy is done. I will be out of town the week of July 18th-22nd. After that, I want to check in with you and try to schedule a ride, maybe the maiden voyage through town to the beach?

Let me know bro, haven't seen you in a while,

Gilbert

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Also I forgot to mention, this is one bad ass build, to go down in history as one of the most bad ass builds ever!

Flathead Briggs forever!

You da man, mother f-er!

Ride or die,

Gilbert

PS: please excuse my French.