Motorized Bicycles in the News

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Re: MB in the News

Killercanuk,

Thanks for posting that story. I lived 4 doors away from the store where the bike shop is for a number of years.
I knew Chris Pearly fairly well since he was friends with a lot of the people I knew.

They mentioned Peaches which is a first rate restaurant.

He should do well there I would think since it's mostly tourists from all over the world as well as the U.S. and Canada. If the traffic is as bad as it used to be he'll do even better.

Friend of mine and I used to sit and time the cars in the summer and they would move at the rate of about 100 feet in 15 minutes if they were lucky. They have opened up a bypass road I heard but I don't think it helped much.
The only road north in that part of the state ran through the center of North Conway and then you added the local tourist traffic on top of that.

Talking about drinking, the cops had a bike patrol and they would ride up one side of the main drag and down the other all day long looking in cars for open containers in peoples laps while they were caught in the traffic jam.
They got a lot of people that way.

Steve.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Right on Steve, small world eh? Sounds like he picked a great place to set up shop. :)

I agree with the "Come to Canada, but don't have any fun." I think they outlawed fun around '85, the Queen must've slipped on a banana peel. :p

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Lord Killer, getting so ya almost know what they are gonna say. "...wasn't wearing a helmet"

Mighta walked away. Limping and cursing, but walking.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

Soul Train
Memphis, TN
by Louis Goggans

Last Wednesday morning marked a historic moment — at least for me.

That's when I rested my rear on the seat of an electric bicycle for the first time as one of four participants in the new "Soul Train Tours" provided by Electric Bicycle Memphis, which rents electric bikes from their headquarters at WellWorx Sports Club downtown. They also sell the bikes from their website.

Three ladies — two from the Downtown Memphis Commission and a reporter from another newspaper — accompanied me on the tour. First, we chose our favorite from a small selection of electric bikes.

I picked the "Classic Cruiser" with its white frame and red rims. The bikes were created by California-based electric bike manufacturing company Pedego.

Read More http://www.memphisflyer.com/memphis/soul-train/Content?oid=3195555

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Great to read a happy story!!!

Seems every day have 1 or 2 bad ones from Google alerts.

I like that he mentioned the joy of seeing things from a less then car speed.
(Thought he could'a mentioned the other reporter's name. That's their bread & butter, Name recognition)

But really, really good to read some happy. Been a ruff day, lol

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

I bet they are meticulously maintained. Any oil on the track would be a disaster!
Track racing is already very dangerous. These bicycles run on very high pressure, very narrow tires, have non-coasting gear trains, and very sharp handling, on a slick track that is never level to the ground. The riders in pro sports routinely hit 40+mph.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kgtz2gp0WY

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

LOL. Love it. They forgot the "specialized chargers"

Hope they rented the truck. (just so they are out even more money)