Motorized Bicycles in the News

GoldenMotor.com

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Re: MB in the News

Whats sad is people who hate bikes will probably make excuses for the hit-and-run driver.
No doubt, some people are like:

"OMG! He's on the same road as me..."

And we're like:
"We have just as much right to use the pavement as you..

Bastid drivers...

Thank god you weren't on your bike Dan, ... or someone piling their kids in the car... friggin people!

Last edited by a moderator:

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

KC, I've been thinking of making a satire video along those lines, maybe with bicyclists riding on sidewalks and harassing or (poor acting effects here for comedy) colliding with pedestrians, after lots of "get off the road" comments and a fictional road cycling ban (though there have been some real citywide bans in USA, and a TX senator did try to ban bicycles from farm-to-market roads, effectively most of TX. )

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

No doubt, some people are like:

"OMG! He's on the same road as me..."

And we're like:
"We have just as much right to use the pavement as you..

Bastid drivers...

Thank god you weren't on your bike Dan, ... or someone piling their kids in the car... friggin people!

Killer, I deleted this in error. Sorry Mon.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

Police seek help with information on stolen motorized bicycles

Livonia police are asking for the public's help with any information on the theft of seven motorized bicycles and one moped in a string of break-ins at a local bike shop.

The bikes are unique in that they feature a battery pack over the rear wheel and sport a retro look with fenders and white wall tires.

The bikes were stolen in five separate break-ins between March 23 and April 1 at a new business on the south side of Plymouth Road between Middlebelt and Merriman.

Read More...http://www.hometownlife.com/article/20120506/NEWS10/205060448

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Aw man, why do I always find the bad ones. :(

This is sad: 52yr old killed in WA

This is just heart wrenching: 1 toddler dead, 2 srsly injured in OH, an 11yr old was driving with his siblings on the bike(one in a child seat I'm assuming). They were bombing out of an alley onto a cross street and got sideswiped by a truck.

Why on earth would anyone let their 11yr old drive, in the city, and with two younger kids no less...

!!UPDATE: Found another article, turns out the kids were on a Baja 97cc Mini-motor bike: link with vid- http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...eadly-crash-should-not-have-been-on-road.html

Last edited:

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Crap, there's another death from the 15th...

29yr old dead in Tuscon:
Beck crashed into a silver 2005 Nissan Sentra that was pulling out of a driveway in the 400 block of East Prince Road, Hawke said.
Beck, who was not wearing a helmet, flew over the hood of the car, and landed on the ground, Hawke said.
The driver of the car was cited for failure to yield from a private drive, said Hawke.
Source

C'mon people, get those Brain Buckets on!

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

At least they ticketed the driver. Most of the time cagers are immune to prosecution if they kill a bicyclist. They just say the magic words "I didn't see him" and get their keys back, their papers back, and a get out of jail free card, most of the time.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Be seen! http://www.fenixtactical.com/images/fenix/mid-res/fenix-hp20-003.jpg

I have the HP 11, mounted with double sided tapes, to my helmet. It has 4 flash modes and 4 brightness levels including "OMG MY EYES ARE MELTING INTO MY FRENCH FRIES".

Home Depot has the HP 11 for $65. http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...ping-_-googleads-_-pla-_-202964100&ci_gpa=pla
Saw an electrician with one of those. Every time he looked at ya, got blinded. Just saying it was real bright. Be a great for pot hole hunting.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Lol Dan, we can get nailed on a riding lawnmower on your own property if you're riding around with a beer. Or even a paddle boat on the river... Dang Canuckistan!

I found good news for a change. :p A papers article about a small shop in NH that builds and rents motorized bicycles to tourists:

Motorized Bikes Make Their Mark

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Seriously, can you mow grass with out a beer? Wondered why I had to fab a can holder.

Man it would be cool to make a living doing that. Renting em out would be the ultimate sales pitch.