What to put it in?

GoldenMotor.com

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Thanks Ray,
Am hunting for vintage frame, or bike to use. The straight bar Panther I have the Honda/ezm on I bought as just a frame.
What's the one next to the wall with the pin striping?

Thanks again for getting me on track. However, I'm going to try to put a set of mounts on the Felt bike just to see what it looks like.
It's the Colson. OK, pin striping is good..... start looking for something with flames, flames and pin striping, right!!!

Ray

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
It's the Colson. OK, pin striping is good..... start looking for something with flames, flames and pin striping, right!!!

Ray
I am looking hard. If you hear of any rollers available, please let me know.
I pm'd you with my email address if you find, or have, something I might be interested in.

As I have the only Whizzer that shows up at the Bike and Car Shows, every body, and in particular, the older bike guys, love it. I doubt they'd turn their noses up at a pin stripe or two. Especially if it has a Built motor.
Can hardly wait for Q to ship it.

Mike

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
I am looking hard. If you hear of any rollers available, please let me know.
I pm'd you with my email address if you find, or have, something I might be interested in.

As I have the only Whizzer that shows up at the Bike and Car Shows, every body, and in particular, the older bike guys, love it. I doubt they'd turn their noses up at a pin stripe or two. Especially if it has a Built motor.
Can hardly wait for Q to ship it.

Mike
Should look like, something like this.

Ray

Attachments

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
Q said he didn't have a clutch to send with it, but I reread his description and its a 300 he's basing the build on.

Has anyone ever heard of an "oversize" Schwinn frame? Would it probably be a heavyweight?

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
1959 i think, was the last year for the balloon tire frames, paper boy, wasp.
then the 60's came, the schwinn heavy duti, s7 with 105 spokes.

Ray

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
It seems to me that I read a reference somewhere to there being special order over sized frames offered by Schwinn, but I don't recall any details of when this was or if very many were ever made. 1950's? It would be a good question for the memory lane guys.
SB

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
I received the motor from Quenton last week, haven't got it unpacked yet to just look. Quenton took it on a 50mile test run when he finished it. Said he had it to fifty but didn't want to run it any faster as it was fresh. I'm excited.
On another note, I talked to him about frames and he said it would fit in the Panther frame as the back of the center fins were cut in case of a tight fit. Hmmmmmm.
Also, I found a 52 Black Phantom frame and bought it for a buck. I'll need to add the lug for the rear brake before powder coating.
At some point this winter I'm thinking I will set one of the motors in the Felt frame just to see what it looks like. At the same time, I'll try a bunch of different front forks. I've got Some Older MTN bike forks, a Girvin Vector and a Marzocchi Bomber, and both Schwinn and Monark styles, as well as a set of chrome triple trees for a Puch Magnum that might work with a different hub. It might be fun to see what the Felt frame looks like with each. If the Whizzer looks good in there, maybe I need a late model Whizzer to go in it.
Anyhoo, got lots to do this fall and winter.

Last edited:

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
Quenton doesn't poke as big a hole in the air as I do, so I'm sure it'll have to work a lot harder with me aboard to reach that speed.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Hey Mike, if it is that canvas frame I'd give that a try. I bet it would look almost as nice as in a Panther frame.

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
Hey Troy,

Yes sir, its the Felt Canvas. I've got a second set of motor mounts, but it may still provide some interesting issues. The tubes are quite large compared with an old Schwinn, but dang it's a good looking frame, and I agree the Whizzer may look just too good in there.

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
Thanks for the thought. I've got two straight bar Panthers, one with a Whizzer, and one with a Gxh and EZM. I picked up a Phantom cantilever frame just recently as well, so I'm thinking I've got all the frames I need unless I stumble over one with all the Whizzer mods already done.

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
Hey Chain,

I think I have a plan.
I'm thinking the "rodded" motor will end up in the Panther. That frame with one of Pat's tanks is just about the sexiest thing I can imagine. I have another Panther with the same tank, so I'm having a bung installed on the right side, close to the back so it will make the fuel line to the Whizzer a little less awkward. I'll just plug off the forward bung. I'll put your old tank on the other Panther, decals and all. The end "theme" is 1950 Flatracker, so I need another set of bars.
I bought a Black Phantom frame, and it may become the home of the stock motor, we'll see if that changes. I have an extra set of mounts and will still check fitment on the Felt. It may be a little too tight. If it'll fit, I'll wait and do "new Whizzer" in it. That'll give me three Whizzers, one GHX 50 Panther, a Solex, and an electric. I had to buy an enclosed car trailer so I could get some of my bike **** out of the house, although that's not done yet, LOL.