what historical figure

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
would or should have ridden a motorbike and why.

My vote is for Lady Godiva... if she had then all the peasants could have known when she was coming by the sound of the bike and closed their windows. Then they would have known by the quiet when she was gone and the could open their windows.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I know this isn't really historic but I keep seeing Steve McQueen on a motorbike in the movie The Great Escape.....

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Good choice Deacon.

How about Abraham Lincoln? He could have rode two miles each way to return that 2 cents he borrowed.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
maybe Marie Antionette (sp) could have kept her head if she had shown a little humility by riding a motor bike.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I'd like to see the sandman how about the tooth fairy on a motorized bike I've got dealing with those two to settle hook them up to the plug wire.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
very cool painting. One of my regrets is that I never learned to do that when my hands were steady. Well that and that I have no talent... Tell him I said it was great. I love the sepia look about it as well.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I'm thinking the entire cast of wizard of oz... Don't ask me why but when I thought of that I just laughed my butt off.

MarcPhotoMan

May 21, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I have this one part of my ride to work were the trees close in on the gravel bike path and I always think of T. E. Lawrence (Character) from Lawrence of Arabia. you know the scene from the beginning of the movie.:eek:

My problem it makes me go fast rather than slowing down!!rotfl

Here is a pic of him on a motorized scooter

Attachments

Last edited:

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
Some very insghtful observations here.

The person I would see lending his journalistic talent to the industry of traveling the countryside on a motor bike would be Mark Twain. I can just imagine, given the way he described the things he witnessed in his travels, how he would weave us into his satirical tyrades regarding the cantankorious contraption that is a motor bike. Sufice to mention it's effect on the psyche's of farm dogs. Perhaps Twain cast as a traveling Lightning Rod salesman who commuted on his motor bike could have entertained us with stories of his having to resort to using one of his Lightning rod as a jousting lance to keep hysterical hounds at bay. I'm sure it would be a side splitting tale as only Twain could spin it.

Then, one only need to read Earnest Hemingway's satire of his Johnson Sea Horse outboard motor to imagine Twain's teatement of his motor bike stories.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I do like the Twain and Hemingway imagery. Somehow I can see a motorbike in For Whom The Bells Tolls. "Ask not for whom the bells toll, they toll for the bike riding messenger."

MarcPhotoMan

May 21, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I could definatly see Mark Twain riding a MB, I always loved his saying about my hometown Montreal "you cannot throw a rock in montreal without hitting a church window"
He probably would have said you cannot ride a mile without checking a bolt.rotfl