wasup with all the stickies

GoldenMotor.com

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I just noticed all the stickies here Motorized Bicycle General Discussion - Motorized Bicycle at Motorized Bicycle Forum I had to scroll down before I could see the new posts. This was just a minor annoyance but I had a pretty good idea because of it. Each forum could have just one sticky labeled "Forum FAQs" with all of these stickies in it and have a "must read first before posting your first post" rule. This way the new posts are right there with no scrolling needed to see them. I think the "must read first" rule would also cut down on new members making a new post just to ask a question that has been asked >100 times already.

Please don't take this the wrong way.

I really do love the ways new members can ask, yet again, the same question that has been answered, with the same link to the 'stickie' concerning said question, over 100 times now. Some of these have made me actually laugh out loud.

I also love the 'stickies'. Many times I have gone to them, looking for a fix to a problem, or a question I had concerning a part, or any of a number of other things I've needed to re-visit the 'stickies' for.

I like the 'stickies' but feel they could be better organized.

As a well known member says
have fun as you RIDE THAT THING
.rd.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
There is only two stickies in that thread, I don't see it as big deal. Funny, other members want more stickies???? Can't please everyone.....................

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
After reading my post again.... it may have come off sarcastic, that was not my intent.

I do like the ideal of having one Stickie in each forum and then have all the stickys in there, that is not a bad ideal. Or at least have links to the thread in that one sticky

We like to hear your ideals and suggestions, after all this is YOUR forum.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I coulda swore there was a whole mess of 'em there earlier.

I do like the stickies, it was just the combination of the two ideas, all stickies in one thread or folder and the "must read first before posting the first time" rule, as the combination of the two could help with posts that ask questions that have been asked and answered.

I absolutely love this forum and the people that make it what it is. The ability to read and learn something new that I had never thought about doing before... That is what I love here. And you people make it fun