Walmart ebike

GoldenMotor.com

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
I have one and love it. I took it to a airshow and several pilots rode it,the walmart in that town had 3 in stock and sold all of them to the pilots.I have 2 extra batteries for mine and never run out of green energy. Harleys Dad

offroad

Dec 31, 2008
Connecticut
Comments on the Walmart Bike:

1) If you put the battery in wrong the first time, the fuse will blow.
2) The motor is an ASSIST motor. It does not have the power to run the bike by itself.
3) Am not sure if it will help enough going up very steep hills. Will be testing.
4) The motor control has two SAFETY use modes for the motor. a) Power assist after you are moving. b) Power assist after you are pedaling. There is a twist DEADMAN throttle, which only continues working if you twist it.
5) Bike has an extra slot for a second battery pack. You switch between PACK-A or PACK-B depending on which has energy.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Looks like a good deal. Almost too inexpensive. Reading the reviews, they speak well of customer service. How is the quality of the bike it self? looks great. Springer forks and seat post, nice...

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
I bought 2 quest chargers[3amp] on ebay,It took about 1hour to charge my 2 batterys.I rode 10 or so miles,and used very little batt.These bikes are great,I have 2.I wish they made one that folded,so i could carry it in the plane.HD

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Most of you know i will take anything apart. Can't you just remove that battery holder and find the wires that connect it to the controller. If you can get to the wires you are in like Flin. If not can you at least find the connection hardware and solder a connection there. There has to ba a way to make the connection from the batter to the controller.

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
Deacon i am looking at my ebike,you could put a trailer wiring plug in the main harness.You might use a 4 wire flat or a 5 wire round.This would give you a way to hook up fresh batterys,lights,charger etc.Just a thought HD

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
they do make a folding electric bike.
you just have to look online and they have them.
and you can use other scooter/bike batteries as long as there the same voltage and have enough amphours for your use.cut the wires and rewire them.get a cheap plastic battery holder.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Well that answers my question from before. I might just pick up a walmart bike next time. I just don't like the idea of such a small battery. I could use the 7.5 to boost my 12ah it would give me about 20 and I would still have one set of 12ah in reserve. That sounds like a pretty good plan. That tall rear wheel is the only problem. I would prefer a small rear wheel.

POPS

Sep 8, 2008
Vancouver Island BC .Canada
Deacon
Take a look at Canadian Tire before you buy a box E/Bike. They have come out with a lot of new models this year. Don't know if shipping would be cost effective but worth a look see...POPS

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Deacon
Take a look at Canadian Tire before you buy a box E/Bike. They have come out with a lot of new models this year. Don't know if shipping would be cost effective but worth a look see...POPS
I keep hearing about Canadian Tire, I finally took the time to check it out..... interesting.

It's like a Walmart, Price Club, Home Depot & Auto Zone all wrapped in one.

Canadian Tire

jvirginillo

Jul 21, 2008
I second the "Crappy Tire" reference. Not that I have had lots of bad experiences but do agree you need to shop wisely as you would at the Walmart. They will carry name brand parts and appliances but also crap at times too just to be able to have door crashers etc.

In their defense I will also say that they have been good to me when it comes to rainchecks, returns, and refunds when dissatisfied so yes, I shop there.