*vid* Perfect sprocket alignment every time, how easy is this??

GoldenMotor.com

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
That is cool. One of the youtube commenters suggested a piece of zip tie. I wonder if that will stay in there though. I bought a 38 tooth 5 hole sprocket and had to drill my own holes to mount, and sand out the inside hole to fit the hub. Now that 36t offset sprockets are out there, I will be glad for your tip when I need a new sprocket someday.

I'm using 1 donut and have the cog against the spokes. No problems for me.

On another thread, people were using cheap flip-flop track hubs and drilling 4 holes to pull the cogs against the hub. That might work if you don't need a coaster brake.

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
As AL. Fisherman said that trick wont work on coaster brake hubs like those on any of my bikes, either the sprocket or the dust cap would have to be modified before it could even possibly be done I would think.

Peace

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I didn't have such a thing, so I used a half-round file, and an old section of chain on a BMX bike (upside down) I held back on the file inside the cog and spun the crankset of the bike, grinding it down until it fit over my hub flange.

Reactions: Russell

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Rap tape, cut PVC collier or whatever you can find to take up the slack between the hub and sprocket evenly. Finger tighten bolts, then tighten each one the same amount all the way around 1/4 turn, then test for wobble. Straight edge from engine sprocket to big one, must be touching on all surfaces for proper chain alignment.............Curt

vkray

Jun 26, 2020
Rap tape, cut PVC collier or whatever you can find to take up the slack between the hub and sprocket evenly. Finger tighten bolts, then tighten each one the same amount all the way around 1/4 turn, then test for wobble. Straight edge from engine sprocket to big one, must be touching on all surfaces for proper chain alignment.............Curt
or whatever you can find to take up the slack between the hub and sprocket evenly. Finger tighten bolts, then tighten each one the same amount all the way around 1/4 turn, then test for wobble. Straight edge from engine sprocket to big one, must be touching on all surfaces for proper chain alignment.............Curt
[
What is PVC collier?