very new

GoldenMotor.com

videoradio

Dec 14, 2008
san diego
hi everyone!!! i just wanted to stop of and introduce myself.im jason.very new to motorized bikes.when i ran into a guy here in san diego with one i just couldnt believe it.i was up all night thinking about these bikes.ok im hooked now.i havent gotten a bike yet,but im gonna get a beach cruiser off of craigslist.ive talked with dax on the phone 2 weeks ago about his motors.

ok im just turned 36 and still skateboarding!ya its to fun to stop.i even have a ramp in my back yard.i also ride a fixed gear bike too.i have a 4yr old son.im also in to kustom cars from the 30's-50's.i have a 1951 chevy 2dr sedan and a 1941 chevy coupe.

im sure im gonna be asking a lot of question he.so thanks for your help when asking.

jason

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Jason, welcome. Know what you mean about laying awake dreaming about the build. Think we all are nutz. Dax is an awesome choice. They really are great and good to do biz with. Post pics!

Post Script, try not to do jumps with alum frames! Trust me. snork.

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
Welcome to the madness... Enjoy the build as much as the ride...Post pics as you build... You'll get all the info and all the help you need from here... :)

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I was like a kid when planning my mobike build. Which engine kit? Which bicycle? Single speed or derailleur? What type of brakes, tires, lights, etc?
Welcome to the forum.

videoradio

Dec 14, 2008
san diego
ok so i havent gotten the motor yet,but i cant fugure out what bike.i have a so-called MB that i got off craiglist.it was 2 bikes(his and her) for $50.they are i believe from walmart.they are called ROADMASTER?so do i put a motor on that or look at beach cruisers?:-||thanks for your help

jason

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Jason,
Anyone who owns or likes 2 Doors sounds like good people. Enjoy this crazy hobby, take your time, built it right and don't hesitate to ask questions. We were all newbies at some point and like to share our combined knowledge with new members. Send us some pix when you get started on the build.
Tom