V-Twin Board track racer

GoldenMotor.com

Tom TG

Dec 10, 2012
Oklahoma
Hi guys. Some of you my remember the v twin engine I built a couple years ago and had a build thread here. I got side tracked with a 1928 Buick project and set the v twin aside well I am back building on the bike and have made some good progress . I would like to post some pictures but I need a little help. Can pictures be resized and posted directly here? Thank Tom

Reactions: Mark O Reilly

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Dont even need to resize after the forum upgrade. Post up them pic's! Edit: Tried to go back through your old thread. Looks you got the Photobucket hose job with everybody else when they killed themselves off :) Post up some old ones too!

Last edited:

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Yeah Tom welcome back. I'd wondered if you ever got back to a bike for that lovely job of machining. I can't wait to see what you've done. Rick C.

Tom TG

Dec 10, 2012
Oklahoma
Thanks for the welcome and photo posting information. Let me start with what Ive been doing while Ive been gone. My brother called me one day and said I found your next project . A 1928 Buick in a barn he said it did not look to bad and it was cheap. I told him I will bring a trailer and meet him there to pick it up. Well it was not in to good of shape it had been sitting in that barn so long it sank into the dirt floor up to the front axel. To me it was a parts car so I brought it home any way. After two years rebuilding the engine and making new spokes for the wheels and repairing all most everything I am done with it and back on the v twin bike, here is a picture of Buick before and after.
image.png image.jpeg

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Aaa, That's not a parts car. That's a chassis and a block. And you made a running driving car out of it.... Skills Boy. U got SKILLS!

Tom TG

Dec 10, 2012
Oklahoma
Thanks guys. Butch it's an evaporative canvas drinking water bag.
To build my bike the first thing I need is a set of wheels and tires. I am going to use 21-300 Avon speed master tires front and rear on this bike and make my own rims ,spokes and hubs. If you remember on the last bike I rolled some 1/2-2 Chanel for the rim and was happy with that, well this time I am going to make some dies and roll a drop center in the Chanel before I roll it into a ring.after making three sets of dies I am happy with the shape. Here is a picture of the profile.

. image.jpeg image.jpeg

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Either you are super fast or you had some of that done already. LOL AWESOME WHEELS! Should be super strong.............Curt

Tom TG

Dec 10, 2012
Oklahoma
Curt, I have been working on this bike for a couple months now and am just showing what I have got done so far . The engine is heavy and needs a good frame and wheels.building things lighter is something I need to learn to do. I work on heavy equipment so it just comes natural I guess .

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
The wheels are perfect, for the tires and bike you are building. Sure don't look to heavy, and need to be strong. Going to be a KOOL build................Curt

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Tom great work on the dies & the wheels prove this. I'd just make a suggestion since all your engine build photos are lost to forum access would you please post several photos of the completed motor. Many newer members have never seen it & have no idea of the masterpiece you created. For those who do remember what you created; we would like to see it again as you work to complete the bike. Thanks in advance, Rick C.

Reactions: captain zeldacoon

Tom TG

Dec 10, 2012
Oklahoma
I have been working on the frame today . Made the drop lupe and engine mounting brackets. But first let me show you some pictures of the front end. The first picture is of the triple tree pieces bolted to a plate ready for welding. And the front end almost complete.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Tom I think most would agree
Thanks guys
Rick picture below

Tom I think most would agree that you have set the standard for the most authentic engine builds ever shown on this forum, both your single and the V twin...congrats on great machine work and design! Rick C.