V twin - 50cc bike...

GoldenMotor.com

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
Would still be a great starting point for something like a replica board tracker or pre WWI cycle.
It could be but the detail would be poor... most of the pre WW1 machines used a vertical round cylinder - would take alot of work to make the engine look right.

Jemma xx

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
You are absolutely correct about the round cylinder. It would take some work with a grnders, belt sander an polisher, but there's don't seem to be many options out there for a V-twinn look with the round cylinder.

Lightfoot

Jul 3, 2008
Moab, Utah
I think I've seen one of these bikes for sale in an autoparts store awhile back. I wasn't paying much attention to it at the time but I remember it having pretty much your standard minibike engine with lots of cheap looking chromed plastic shrouding it to make it look like a harley engine.

Autocycler

Feb 14, 2008
Metro Washington, DC
I've considered trying to mount a V-twin Honda generator engine on a bike...but they start at 16 hp (610cc) and may be too heavy and the police may have a hard time believing it is only 50ccs;). With the plastic shroud removed, it may look like an early twin.

Anyone else tried something like this?

Steve

Attachments

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
Thought about it, but to make a real live motorcycle, not a bike. There is a problem with removing the shrouding- namely, it directs the airflow to cool the engine. Probably a better choice is a Lifan 250cc v-twin....but I'll still likely try the industrial v-twin first.

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
I'm still interested in that motor because of it's looks.
Does it have a built in clutch and transmission, and what not....
I'd like to find out more about it. It's a 50cc two stroke I know so far.
I've seen certain photos of the left side of the engine and there's a name on the case I can't seem to read. "HONSIM" or something like that. I'd like to find the maker of this engine.

'BrettMavriK

EVIL 50 T-3 V-Twin 50cc 4 Temps

Now all we need to do is find their engine supplier (^)

Jemma xx

oldgascar

Aug 6, 2009
Kentucky
I'm still interested in that motor because of it's looks.
Does it have a built in clutch and transmission, and what not....
I'd like to find out more about it. It's a 50cc two stroke I know so far.
I've seen certain photos of the left side of the engine and there's a name on the case I can't seem to read. "HONSIM" or something like that. I'd like to find the maker of this engine.

'BrettMavriK
Check out this link.
Mini Chopper (V-Twin Cylinder) GS-091A mini chopper China products

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I guess it would require a stretch or limo bicycle frame to accomodate it. I'd probably buy an engine with a faux rear cylinder. I had been trying to figure out how to attach a second, empty cylinder on my bike to impersonate a v-twin.
The smallest genuine v-twins I've seen have been the 250cc Lifan or Suzuki Virago.

oldgascar

Aug 6, 2009
Kentucky
I guess it would require a stretch or limo bicycle frame to accomodate it. I'd probably buy an engine with a faux rear cylinder. I had been trying to figure out how to attach a second, empty cylinder on my bike to impersonate a v-twin.
The smallest genuine v-twins I've seen have been the 250cc Lifan or Suzuki Virago.
Do you know of any U.S. suppliers of engines who sell an engine with a faux rear cylinder?

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I have seen no US suppliers. You might get lucky and find one at an auto parts store or tool store that sells motorized toys.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I saw some used mini choppers for sale this AM on craigslist with the look-alike 50cc v-twin engine. Thats probably the only way to get one in the US these days.