Universal Tachometer

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Vistaman73, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Vistaman73

Vistaman73 Chat Box Junkie

Has anyone heard of these? I guess a wire is wrapped around the spark plug cable and when it picks up a current it can show the rpms. I would love to find a nice one. any suggestions?
    laff

2. Nougat

Nougat New Member

Like this?

ENM 2 Cycle Two Stroke Tachometer Tach

It acts like a timing light, but instead of lighting up every time there's current through the plug wire, it measures how many jolts go through it and displays as RPM.

3. Vistaman73

kind of... but it says it refreshes every 2.5 secs. little slow, there are others on the site but they are more money, i guess i will do some research.

4. Vistaman73

5. azbill

azbill Active Member

6. Vistaman73

that is a nice tach. it is a little exspensive though. i am also getting a speedo with odometer. so i will have RPM, Speed, Hours, And Miles. But, I guess if i want to be accurate i should not start my new motor until i get those two things. now i am bummed that i have to wait.

#6 Vistaman73, Jan 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  7. robin

robin Member

8. Vistaman73

does it update every 2.5 sec?

9. TheE

TheE New Member

I was in the process of building a homebrew digital tachometer that refreshes every 1 sec (adjustable). I had the program done and everything, but then winter hit :( Gotta wait for the summer to build it and try it out...

#9 TheE, Jan 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  10. Vistaman73

That looks like the same thing made by a different brand. How often does it update? 2.5 Sec? thst seems too slow. if it does, how do like it?

11. robin

robin Member

Iam just using mine to tell me hours so i change oil at the right intervals--i think it updates instantly but i will tell you tomorrow

12. warner

warner New Member

I'm using the one Staton sells, too (SenDEC). There IS a slight delay....but unless you are used to seeing a bouncing tach needle, it's adequate. It tells you what your cruising RPM is...and you can see how high you're revving and whatnot. And doubles as an hour meter, so that's a nice bonus. Good unit. Simple to install. You won't regret getting one.....very slick little meter.

Warner