Tim's Swap Meet Schwinn/Briggs Bike

GoldenMotor.com

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
A few months ago the dad of a friend of my grandson's fell in love with our Briggs powered Schwinns and decided to convince Greg and I to build one for him. He convinced Greg and Greg volunteered me to help. Thanks Greg. The friend's name is James and Tim is his dad. Anyway,James found a blue Chicago Schwinn with S-2 rims at the LB Swap and bought it for the project. It will be kind of a copy of my friend Dave's bike that's in the process of being built, combined with my friend Max's bike with a 3.5hp motor and a 3D Motorsports clutch converted to belt drive. I laced a Bendix rear coaster brake hub in the rear wheel and a moped drum brake up front after painting the rims red. Then I installed white tires for an older look. Tim purchased a heavy duty Monarch fork set and I made a new right hand rocker to accept the modified drum brake backing plate.

So far everything is going smooth. The next step is to widen the rear section to accept the wheel and pulley assembly.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Thanks Jeff, I don't, but I have access to one sometimes. I need to get my own because you know as well as I that cleaning can take more time than fab work.