Tim's Swap Meet Schwinn/Briggs Bike

Discussion in 'DIY Home Built Motorized Bicycle (non kit)' started by msrfan, Jul 25, 2017.

1. msrfan

msrfan Active Member

A few months ago the dad of a friend of my grandson's fell in love with our Briggs powered Schwinns and decided to convince Greg and I to build one for him. He convinced Greg and Greg volunteered me to help. Thanks Greg. The friend's name is James and Tim is his dad. Anyway,James found a blue Chicago Schwinn with S-2 rims at the LB Swap and bought it for the project. It will be kind of a copy of my friend Dave's bike that's in the process of being built, combined with my friend Max's bike with a 3.5hp motor and a 3D Motorsports clutch converted to belt drive. I laced a Bendix rear coaster brake hub in the rear wheel and a moped drum brake up front after painting the rims red. Then I installed white tires for an older look. Tim purchased a heavy duty Monarch fork set and I made a new right hand rocker to accept the modified drum brake backing plate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So far everything is going smooth. The next step is to widen the rear section to accept the wheel and pulley assembly.

2. culvercityclassic

culvercityclassic Well-Known Member

looking great, something tells me you have a bead blasting cabinet, all your parts look so clean all the time.

3. msrfan

msrfan Active Member

Thanks Jeff, I don't, but I have access to one sometimes. I need to get my own because you know as well as I that cleaning can take more time than fab work.