Timing settings?

GoldenMotor.com

Willem Angenent

Jul 14, 2019
I just bought a new/used Motorized Bicycle, the previous owner could not get it to run since day 1. It just runs a very little (if at all) that's about it.

I was reading on this form a few things and so far I did change the spark plug, cleaned the gas tank, removed the exhaust pipe (it is clean). To me, it acts as a timing issue.

So far I could not find any detail on how to set the timing.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Will

Willem Angenent

Jul 14, 2019
I just checked the timing following the YouTube video. Timing setting is good.
I disassembled the carburetor and cleaned everything, sill a no go. it just sorts of idles for a little but no reaction when I turn the throttle.
I am puzzled.
Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks,

Will

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Timing is not adjustable on a 2-stroke by traditional standards, the magnet for the magneto is keyed but some are keyed slightly different that will advance or retard the timing. The first thing to check is if it is firing near TDC, if not the magnet may be on backwards. If you don’t fire you can replace the coil and cdi for around $15.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Willem Angenent

Jul 14, 2019
Thanks, Greg for your help.
So all thing are working as you suggested. but still not running normally.
Might it be that it is no or hardly non-spark under pressure?
Right now all is checking OK, the throttle opens normal, it gets fuel, timing is at the correct setting, the exhaust pipe is clean. I am just at the end of all possibilities other than changing the coil and magnet.
Where can I order this?
Thanks

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Try gapping the spark plug from.26-.28 and see if that helps. Also disconnect the kill switch wires and see if that helps, make sure the white wire is isolated if you have one coming from the coil.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon