The Real Deal on California Law.

GoldenMotor.com

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
You can always fix that ticket and bring a helmet to court. Maybe I got lucky today.
No, you can't "fix" that ticket (you have to pay it), and definitely count yourself lucky.

Last year my brother was riding in Anaheim without a helmet and got pulled over. Cop ticketed him, and my brother kept riding. Not 2 miles down the road he crossed into Fullerton city limits and got pulled over again. Ticketed again. Cop didn't care that my brother just got ticketed, he said "you're in another city now, pal!". My brother went to court and paid a little over $500 for those tickets. They are not "fixable".

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=15268&page=36

In post 351 bairdco fixed his tickets. For not having 3 things: A helmet, a license plate, and a license (He probably did not have an M license at home either so he just got it after being ticketed)
Paid only $25each for court fees instead of the actual value.
That was over 2 years ago and California is broker now so the
only thing you should count on is that fines and court costs will
be going up as they need every dollar they can squeeze out of you.

Baird was wearing a skateboard helmet and got ticketed for it being
non DOT certified. I don't know if that makes any difference over not
wearing a helmet at all?

Besides who wants to waste a day in court dealing with this crap? :D

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
I would know to wear a helmet next time. But a license.. I don't know. The requirements to get one are rather expensive and a little too strict because to get an M2 license it has the same requirements as to get an M1 license.

Last edited:

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Baird was wearing a skateboard helmet and got ticketed for it being
non DOT certified. I don't know if that makes any difference over not
wearing a helmet at all?

Besides who wants to waste a day in court dealing with this crap? :D
Yeah, if you're not wearing a helmet at all, it's not fixable in California.

Wearing no helmet is much worse in the eyes of the law than wearing a "novelty" or bicycle/skateboard helmet.

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
Why are you still discussing it? I can ahead, go back and remove the quotes or remove the word black overall. And I do not know what you mean it doesn't make it politically correct. I put it in quotes because that's what many call them.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
So, you were driving around a park where people go for peace and tranquility with your loud motorbike and you had a conflict with some people there?

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
No Mike B, are you serious?
It was not a complaint because of being loud, get it straight if I didn't say anything about it. They were rather young immature teenagers. This is being taken way too far, I didn't do anything wrong and you guys are chatting like I did. Discussion over, no more replies to what happened as I am in the process of removing the post. You ride your loud motorbikes too, so keep calm. My neighborhood only gives me thumbs up for my bike, so riding loud is not necessarily a problem.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yup very serious.

That's why I go to parks. If I was at one and some guy fired up a chainsaw I would be upset.

Dunno what happened. But if you like to ride around parks with a loud motorbike I think you will get more negative reaction.

MysterySandwich

Jun 30, 2012
California
Why are you still discussing it? I can ahead, go back and remove the quotes or remove the word black overall. And I do not know what you mean it doesn't make it politically correct. I put it in quotes because that's what many call them.
I'm initially mentioning it... when you say "still" you make it seem like I've been going at it for a long time.

I meant that when I read your post, the quotes made it seem odd as if you were covering up, and yeah that's what black/African people are: black people.

I'm going to drop this, but you really shouldn't do any racial profiling.

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
There is no racial profiling here. I'm going to entirely delete the post. And I ask that you delete the quoted comment of the original one I posted. Too many negative comments.
MikeB you always think negative of me. I wouldn't make noise in a park on purpose to make someone mad. If I heard a complaint, I would leave instantly. In fact in this park it's not like I was riding there all day, I only took a ride 1 lap around just to see.

Last edited:

MysterySandwich

Jun 30, 2012
California
There is no racial profiling here. I'm going to entirely delete the post. And I ask that you delete the quoted comment of the original one I posted. Too many negative comments.
MikeB you always think negative of me. I wouldn't make noise in a park on purpose to make someone mad. If I heard a complaint, I would leave instantly. In fact in this park it's not like I was riding there all day, I only took a ride 1 lap around just to see.
Okay, will do, but that was essentially racial profiling.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Okay, will do, but that was essentially racial profiling.
I missed the original post, but simply mentioning a persons race, in quotes or not, is not racial profiling. My girlfriend of 18 years is "black", My best friend and fishing buddy is "black". Is that racial profiling or simply a statement of fact? As long as he didn't call them some derogatory name in the process then he did nothing wrong. By the way, I'm as "white" as it gets and I look a LOT like my avitar. Did I just profile myself? a statement of fact is not racial profiling.
If theres a bunch of young white kids people in a park then I might not feel too safe depending on a lot of different things, If they are all reading their bibles then I might feel safer, If they look like they've been smoking crack all day then not so much. Just saying those "white kids" scared the heck out of me is not racial profiling, It's a statement of facts.
People are way too quick to jump on the race wagon nowadays. I hope there comes a day when the only time race is mentioned is in a police report. (He was white, aisian, hispanic officer.) and I'm not saying racisim is dead, but simply mentioning the race of a person as a fact is not racial profiling.
And next time gera, you don't have to put it in quotation marks. It does kinda make it look like you noticed race TOO much. You can say anything you want, It's your post, and I'm only SUGGESTING, but I'll say it again. Simply mentioning a persons race is NOT profiling.
NOW, Can we get on with the original subject of this thread....
fatdaddy.

Last edited:

MysterySandwich

Jun 30, 2012
California
I missed the original post, but simply mentioning a persons race, in quotes or not, is not racial profiling. My girlfriend of 18 years is "black", My best friend and fishing buddy is "black". Is that racial profiling or simply a statement of fact? As long as he didn't call them some derogatory name in the process then he did nothing wrong. By the way, I'm as "white" as it gets and I look a LOT like my avitar. Did I just profile myself? a statement of fact is not racial profiling.
If theres a bunch of young white kids people in a park then I might not feel too safe depending on a lot of different things, If they are all reading their bibles then I might feel safer, If they look like they've been smoking crack all day then not so much. Just saying those "white kids" scared the heck out of me is not racial profiling, It's a statement of facts.
People are way too quick to jump on the race wagon nowadays. I hope there comes a day when the only time race is mentioned is in a police report. (He was white, aisian, hispanic officer.) and I'm not saying racisim is dead, but simply mentioning the race of a person as a fact is not racial profiling.
And next time gera, you don't have to put it in quotation marks. It does kinda make it look like you noticed race TOO much. You can say anything you want, It's your post, and I'm only SUGGESTING, but I'll say it again. Simply mentioning a persons race is NOT profiling.
NOW, Can we get on with the original subject of this thread....
fatdaddy.
No, it wasn't just the quotes he:
1. Stated that they were black
2. Then said "who knows what might have happened? I could have been jumped, got my bike stolen, etc" Something along those lines.

We all know that there are stereotypes of black people jumping (not the basketball kind... but that one too lol) or stealing things, and assuming that they will fit into those stereotypes is racial profiling.

I mean it isn't that bad it's just... well when you live in Berkeley, you end up like me =/ Actually over here we racially profile all the time, but with our friends as jokes...

madmaxmad

Apr 27, 2012
Oklahoma
I dare any of you to ride your shiny motorbikes through the neighborhoods of North Tulsa. I guarantee it wont be long before you're walking.... or running home!