The random tandem thus far

GoldenMotor.com

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
Surprise bonus it rides like a recumbent and is very easy to pedal with the back rest on it. I have a very long reach. I am 6 foot tall and have a 6 foot 6 inch arm reach so it's perfect for me. ( I can scratch my knee by just dropping my shoulder no bending needed... Lol)

My bro picked up some miniature Harley-Davidson saddlebags and I got to go by and pick them up hopefully they fit the bike!

As soon as I get finished tweaking it I'm going to paint it. Should be next month. A friend who works in a paint and body shop has got a special custom paint job coming up and he said there's going to be a little extra paint so I might be able to get my bike painted at the same time. Cross my fingers.

Reactions: fasteddy

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
So the paint is going to be gun metal grey metallic flake frame and a cobalt blue metallic flake 4 litre gas tank and back fender and a chameleon blue green on the triangular aluminum body panels that fit in the front two areas in the frame. This is going to be overspray from an $8,000 paint job. It should look sick AF!

Reactions: fasteddy and Tony01

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
I'm not sure Tony. That is an excellent question... let me look into that I will make a measurement and get back to you sir.

But it's easy to ride and with the second chain ring it pedals up to speed within three revs of the crank. I have some old BMX bullhead handlebars on it so it looks like a drag bike I have to take a couple pictures and send it.

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
I now understand the saying accessories make the outfit.

With just a change of handlebars ( ape hangers to BMX) , seat (saddle to cafe), exhaust pipe ( flex pipe to f2 thrust) and gas tank (4 lite to 1.5 litre) it transforms it into a totally different bike. From low rider to drag bike. And bicycle parts are cheap and you can find them everywhere.

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
I know it keeps changing but it's not my fault the bike keeps changing its mind.

With the timing retarded, the f2 thrust makes it run like a champ , has GOOD solid throttle all the way through up to w.o.t. it's incredible I've never had a bike run this well and just shifting the magneto forward just a touch made all the difference in the world.

If you have a motor it doesn't seem to quite run just right tried doing what I suggested with the magneto coil. It will change your world.

Things long. Looks comfy. What’s the wheelbase on that?

The square is 47 inches and I have almost 5 in on either side of that so about 57 inches from the bottom of the front tire to the bottom of the back tire.
57 inches tony.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Using a road side speed detector " YOU ARE GOING XXX MPH" I clocked it at 42 mph and still had about 1/8 throttle left. That's with the timing retarded 3 or 4 degrees... I wonder what it would do advanced ?

We will probably never know cuz I don't think I will mess with it. It runs better and faster than my friends sons little Yamaha 80 dirt bike. It's incredible what retarding the timing did to it. I can't express how much better it runs.

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
My buddy Walter has the best luck when it comes to dumpster scores.

He gave me a brand new tail piece of a Yamaha 400 lx-sx??? Something and I mounted it and welded it to a seat post book rack spine and I think I like it.

It is the license plate light three reflectors and the left and right turn signals, tell me what you think.

He also gave me a tank cover of some sort that I think I'm going to integrate into a seat or a carry all.

It sure is nice having good friends. Love ya Walt!!!

Attachments