The OfFiCIaL Low Rider Motorized Bicycle Thread

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Let's face it, board track racers are so yesterday lol, sorry. The low rider style is were it's at now, Homey.

If you love your Switch Blade, Cannibal, OCC, Mustang, Straight 8, or any other low rider, stop bogarting pics of your bike, and post a picture here so we can all drool together, in one great thread.

So please post pictures of your magnificent Low Rider Motor Bicycles in this thread, and if you would be so kind, please explain what changes you made, if any, to get your bike to Lofection

Last edited:
Reactions: B-RADs Army

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Re: The OfFiCIaL Low Rider MB Thread

The Atomic BB

This motor bicycle started life as a Northwoods Ridgedale beach cruiser, made by Kent Bicycles. Now this alloy framed low rider is powered by a Flying Horse 48cc, with 40T sprocket. The fork is a Bent Fork Springer, like found on eBay. Bent forks like these drop the BB 3". To keep the peddles from striking the ground, I had to replace the stock 168mm crank arms with shorter 115mm arms, made by Sinz. The Rims are 26", 27.5mm doublewall Ryhno Lite. Tires are Kenda K-Rad 26 x 2.3 R, 26 x 1.95 F. Braking is handled by a Shimano single speed coaster brake in the rear, and a Sturmey Archer XL FD drum brake in the front. The fuel tank is my own custom design utilizing 2, 1000 ml camp fuel bottles, held in place by a Profile Design dual bottle rack.

Top speed is 31 mph on a good day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wEGD5mjZPk

Last edited:

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana

my "dragray" lowrider / drag bike. it started out as a Bratz lowrider that i got off craigslist for $30.00.

it looked like this when i first built it.

now it looks like this.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Absolutely fabulous dragray. Deserving of a 5 rat fink rating.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Tom, OMG, that thing is stunning. Is that your Switchblade? That bike blows my little mind!!! And yes, that looks like a very low rider. Please say more about it, if you can.

Is you last name possibly Fonda?

Last edited:

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa

hmmmmmm I think debs trike kinda fits here , but I have been tossing around an idea for a lower one for couple weeks now , then just need the time to build it .
Gary

Attachments

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

hmmmmmm I think debs trike kinda fits here , but I have been tossing around an idea for a lower one for couple weeks now , then just need the time to build it .
Gary
The talent on this forum amazes me. We do love our motor bicycles don't we?

Both of these bikes are Exceptional. You guys are really setting the bar too high. You probably just ruined this thread. Who wants to post a pic of their bike if it has to be right after your's lol?

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa

The talent on this forum amazes me. We do love our motor bicycles don't we?

Both of these bikes are Exceptional. You guys are really setting the bar too high. You probably just ruined this thread. Who wants to post a pic of their bike if it has to be right after your's lol?
No we arent , I think raising the bar only inspires creativity , they dont have to be complex to be beautiful .
Gary

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

I'm still baking on the idea of building a lowrider bike with a motor...
While on CL, I found this: http://www.dinosaureatsman.com/
check out his bikes
real cool and low
That is an interesting site. Lowriders make a lot of sense for a motor bicycle. We don't need a high seat to get a long peddle stroke. We don't peddle much lol.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

nostyle

Nov 27, 2009
Cambodia Town

I really like the bike in this video. I want one. Bad. That makes my bike look stock.

I really like the way you ride down in between the wheels, instead of over the top of them.
same here. I really dig how the rider is positioned. The front end kinda scares me though. Really hard to control when someone cuts you off. sure looks cool though...I want one too. My plan is to build one with a stretch 24" frame.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Im sure you're really proud of that bike Norm, and you ought to be. That bike is awesome talent on display, pure and simple.

I bet the guy that bought that bike had gorilla arms lol.

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana

Is this low enough for you?? ;)
wow that's a cool bike!
but, i have a question.
why is it that when i posted pics of my lowrider awhile back, everyone gave me **** for having my chain tensioner (made out of a detailer) on the top of the chain similar to this bike. but, here's a similar design and no one is giving him ****?