Stretch Dyno Pandemic Project

GoldenMotor.com

Budasac

Apr 29, 2020
I put about 15 miles on it today. Just cruising with a few full throttle bursts. Top speed was 26 mph running on a 20:1 mix.
Overall it runs pretty good. My only observation was that it seems to have more vibration to it then my other bike. It's also louder. The only difference would be an upgraded carb on the other bike.

Reactions: PeteMcP

Budasac

Apr 29, 2020
I haven't had much time this year to do much with bikes but I have been meaning to find some projects to teach myself to weld sheet metal so I can do body work.
I'm any case, I had a few days off and decided to make a tank for the cruiser.
I made a mock tank up first and then used those pieces as a template for the metal.
Probably not the best first project due to all the curves and the thickness of the metal but, it was a good learning experience.

Attachments

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
As a debut welding project, your Dyno's in-frame tank really looks great. Nicely done!

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Thanks for the comments guys.

Jerry, it currently just has coaster brakes.
Please get more than that. You may want to consider a front drum brake. With your skills rear rim or even a disc is possible.

There's also Springer forks that disc brake hubs can be used on.

Last edited:

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
I can recommend the Sturmey-Archer front drum brake. Used them on a couple of my builds and they're more than up to the job of providing enough stopping power for the China Girl motors. Look great too.
Or if you can find them, SRAM front roller brakes work great too. Fitted one on my Gnome-Rhone build and it's more than capable. Either of these front brakes won't involve you having to swap-out or amend your forks.

DSCN3619.JPG
FSCN3684.JPG

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry