Stoker motor

GoldenMotor.com

doomedgame

Jan 26, 2017
ga
Well just spent $150 on a stroker kit for my bike will post pictures as I build it

48mm bore lined
4mm+ stroker crank

doomedgame

Jan 26, 2017
ga
The piston will be the hard part with this project the dome is a little different so will have to reshape the dome in the head more then likely sticky sandpaper on the dome of the piston work it in the head by hand maybe.

But on the plus side it's windowed and thinner rings

Attachments

Last edited:

doomedgame

Jan 26, 2017
ga
old bearing is stuck on the old crank so had to order new barrings went with SKF. This project is on hold till they come in.

Last edited:

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
one can sometimes pass a long drift punch thru hole in journal to hammer bearing off from backside

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
bummer, seen that a lot - much of the reason I don't recommend splitting the case for non-mechanics

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Interesting build.
By the add it indicates the piston is a non stocker. Where is the pin located in relation to the stock A/B pistons? I assume the jug is a stock sleeved unit? Do you know which one, gt5 maybe? All this will come into play setting it up. With the larger displacement and the reeds should be a real torque monster.

I have interest in this build as I am about to start a Frankenstein build using the 54mm Stihl piston/cylinder on a 40mm bottom end, and will have to make some of the same mods among others to make it work.

doomedgame

Jan 26, 2017
ga
It's a stock (but ported) jug that has had the cyclinder bored out of it then sleeved I do not know what motor the jug was from as it doesn't matter as its been setup for that stroke.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Guess we won't really know what it's going to take to accommodate the stroke until you start the build. Jug spacing I am assuming. Between the spacing and the reeds being so far out of the intake crankcase compression will suffer. Consider stuffing the cases. If the piston has clearance to extend out of the jug with out hitting the crank that will help, that's why it's relieved I guess.