Starting my first build!

GoldenMotor.com

DrewFL

Mar 25, 2012
Boca Raton, FL
Bought a beach cruiser yesterday and my 66cc kit should be here monday, or tuesday, cause apparently fedex doesn't deliver on monday?? Anyone ever hear that? I started with an Upland Beach Cruiser in a maroon and black color and stopped by a bike shop yesterday and bought one set of side pull brakes to throw on the front. I really don't want to rely on coaster brakes alone if Im doing 30 mph! Any other things I can do to get the bike ready while I wait for the motor kit??? I hope to post pics soon (iphone lens is scratched!).trk

Reactions: Denis Zen

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
my first bike was an upland cruiser. bought it at kmart for $120. Absolutely loved that bike. gave it to a friend when i built my cranbrook. he cracked the frame on the upland. gotta watch your mounting bolts and make sure the engine isnt able to vibrate back and forth too much. I had that bike for over a year before he destroyed it. he was too hard on it and didnt do any maintenance on it. it should have lasted a lot longer than it did.

DrewFL

Mar 25, 2012
Boca Raton, FL
Thanks for the tips link. I am glad to hear you loved the Upland! Especially because the brand or bike isnt really mentioned on here at all. It seems very similar to the cranbrook. I liked the clean basic look of the upland. I took all the decals off and now it looks great! I just have to wait for my kit to get here...probably monday or tuesday. Did you install a brake on the upland like I did last night? or just use the coaster?

DrewFL

Mar 25, 2012
Boca Raton, FL
Oh ok, I just want to be as prepared as possible for quick stops. Do you happen to have a picture of the upland with the motor kit on it? Do you remember if it was a simple install? or was there a lot of adjustments to be made??

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
At least get a bicycle computer, you don't want a speeding ticket. Use helmet and/or handlebar mirrors. Use hand signals. Fully and completely obey the traffic laws.

Be aware from a distance you look like a pedal only bicycle. Vehicles may not hear you either and will pull out in front of you not realizing how fast you're going.

Last of all being a good MB'er starts with being a good cyclist first. Be sure to watch all three videos.

Denis Zen

Mar 30, 2021
Riding up highway 101 at sunset
At least get a bicycle computer, you don't want a speeding ticket. Use helmet and/or handlebar mirrors. Use hand signals. Fully and completely obey the traffic laws.

Be aware from a distance you look like a pedal only bicycle. Vehicles may not hear you either and will pull out in front of you not realizing how fast you're going.

Last of all being a good MB'er starts with being a good cyclist first. Be sure to watch all three videos.

Yes Jerry made some videos that d.m.v. should show people who ride bicycles and above all... Ride like you are invisible and nobody can see you.

Be safe homie.