Spy Pics of Team BoXer's full suspension race bike!

GoldenMotor.com

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Looks good. Are you actually producing/selling these? What is the price tag on something like this?
iRide, this was Pipelyne's first full suspension bicycle. We found out that aluminum isn't a good choice for a full suspension off road bicycle.(as you can see from the many gussets and cracked frame. This is why Dean decided to make a chrome Moly frame instead. The new bike is pretty duriable and is definitely one of the best full suspension motorized bicycles available.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I was revisiting this old thread forgot about it. You guys really tested that bike. That was a very clever design.

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
wicked bike,,, great job guys. The front forks,,, what make are they, what price (roughly) & where are they available.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Suspension is tunable. I can make it stiffer or run it sloppier. I say from my own experience sus rules hands down.

Of course if all a guy knows? ...is what came out of a generic department store like Walmart perhaps? He will likely never be impressed? It really depends on what one expects?

True down hill type components, top of the line, top dollar run circles around handling issues in my own experience. It is like having a real motorcycle.

Adjustable rebound and damping keeps a tire holding the dirt or road better in my experience too. I've been down some mountain trails that the front end of a hard fork would have got me killed etc.

it is nice too to go clear across town and feel a massage as opposed to the lower vertebra in my spine being compacted. Most of my riding habits is with the seat up in more of a peddling stance regardless of what bike I am on. Legs make good sus too.

Real sus will spoil ya. IMHO

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
For me, I prefer a full suspension with a limited rear travel. With full travel on the rear susension, I would get massive rear wheel hop coming out of a turn. I also like the feel of slamming on the front brakes and the front end dipping instead of not feeling like I'm going to get thrown over the bars.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I was revisiting this old thread forgot about it. You guys really tested that bike. That was a very clever design.
Looking back at some of the old photos, we really hammered that bike! I remember Dean constantly putting new or more Gussetts because the aluminum frame kept getting stress cracks.