Sportsman Super Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to share a quick pic of what I am calling a Super Cruiser. This build uses my latest frame and fork design based on my earlier Bonneville model. Not as over built as a Bonneville as it is a street machine, but still uses my internal springer fork and the frame has the longer rear triangle to increase wheelbase. The engine is an electric start 200cc Honda with Predator Hemi head. Nice fat cam, billet rod, heavy valve springs. 21" motorcycle H speed rated tires and disc brakes front and rear. Saddle uses a vintage long spring undercarriage mated to one of my boardie leather seats. Fenders are aluminum with center rib and duck tail. Longhorn handlebars and extended rubber Indian cruiser grips. Gearing is set for a comfortable cruising speed of 50 mph. Thanks for looking!

Sportsman Super Cruiser by Pat Dolan, on Flickr

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thats the ticket! Hey Pat. How do your long exhausts not crack at the flange? I see no support after the first bend. Am I missing something?

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Pat this is a beauty of a cruiser! I especially like the long spring adaption to the Boardie saddle, mounted high, you nailed it. The Triumph style tins front and rear are perfect as well. Rick C.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

themountain

Apr 8, 2018
Very clean and sophisticated, Pat! I love the fenders.
What tires and rims do you use?
Cheers Andy

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Very clean and sophisticated, Pat! I love the fenders.
What tires and rims do you use?
Cheers Andy
Hi Andy,
Sorry I didn't answer up on this before. This bike uses 21" motorcycle rims and Pirelli tires. These wheels get very expensive but no worries about top speed runs or flats!
Pat

Reactions: themountain

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Sweet machine Pat! Your fender stay mount on the springer is a clever one.
Oh, you saw that. Good eye. Not as simple as some may think to mount a fender to a springer. You either mount it to the rear fork and it becomes stationary, or you carry it on the front fork so it travels with the wheel. This is how I have been mounting fenders and those small strut attachment brackets are a simple bolt on solution.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Oh, you saw that. Good eye. Not as simple as some may think to mount a fender to a springer. You either mount it to the rear fork and it becomes stationary, or you carry it on the front fork so it travels with the wheel. This is how I have been mounting fenders and those small strut attachment brackets are a simple bolt on solution.
I need all I can get for solutions of fender support. Early Harley's went the other way. I am weighing my options.
You are going to get an email as Sporty 80 is on the road.