Sportsman Super Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Pat I also looked on your web site. This new offering is not there yet.
Whats not there, the fender brackets? Give me a shout and I'll fix you up.
Good to hear your 80cc bike is on the road. I just rode a new one yesterday. After riding so many bigger displacement bikes and all the electrics the 80cc was fun but not super powerful. Needs stiffer valve springs. I had put a bigger cam in one a couple years ago and it made the bike slower. Really, even on the 212's I now prefer the stock cams for better low end performance.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Real Donkey Dick grips are another excellent detail.
You been hanging with Jay Leno? That is where I saw them first in practical application on an Indian Single.
I thought I would really like the grips but the further you slide your hands back onto the flexible area the more disconnected you feel from the bike. They also hit my legs when I am in a tight radius turn. They look cool but not worth the compromises. Also be careful as there are two different suppliers. The more expensive ones are nice soft rubber while the lower cost ones are cheap hard plastic. One final thought is both sides are 1", not 7/8" and 1" so the left side of the bars needs modification.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Whats not there, the fender brackets? Give me a shout and I'll fix you up.
Good to hear your 80cc bike is on the road. I just rode a new one yesterday. After riding so many bigger displacement bikes and all the electrics the 80cc was fun but not super powerful. Needs stiffer valve springs. I had put a bigger cam in one a couple years ago and it made the bike slower. Really, even on the 212's I now prefer the stock cams for better low end performance.
Actually Pat, I was referring to the Super Cruiser. Of it's being listed on your website. There is a whole lot to like about that machine. Being as I am a Sportsman rider now.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
I thought I would really like the grips but the further you slide your hands back onto the flexible area the more disconnected you feel from the bike. They also hit my legs when I am in a tight radius turn. They look cool but not worth the compromises. Also be careful as there are two different suppliers. The more expensive ones are nice soft rubber while the lower cost ones are cheap hard plastic. One final thought is both sides are 1", not 7/8" and 1" so the left side of the bars needs modification.
1" bars = Harley internal throttle. You got a good thing going with this Super Cruiser Pat.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Been awhile Pat, Happy New Year!
Was hoping to hear of a commercialized version of the new Sportsman Super Cruiser or custom kits for discerning patrons. Just asking. Best Regards,
Tom from Rubicon
Hi Tom,
Thanks for asking! My web site is certainly in need of updating again. Another Super Cruiser can be built again. As time moves forward my designs make subtle changes. The Bonneville model geometry is drifting down into my Sportsman 200 model so the frame is now bigger in the rear triangle. I use the same frame without the 200cc mounts on my electric bikes. I have the same basic Super Cruiser without fenders, still motorcycle tires, in a build stand right now set up as a boardie. Not everything I do is on my Flickr page or my web site.