SpookyTooth Death Race 2009

GoldenMotor.com

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
There are a few motels at I-10 and Palo Verde Rd. area nearer to the race venue by about 5 or 6 miles. :D
Why Weedy, is the Super 8 far from the races? If you know of anything closer, can you recommend or suggest any hotel or motel names?
Thanks,

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
There is a Travel Inn at I-10 & Wilmot

Travel Inn
6161 E Benson Hwy
Tucson, AZ 85756
520-574-0191

I could not find the web site for it. It's about 10 miles from the race Track. Thats about all I know.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
There is a Travel Inn at I-10 & Wilmot

Travel Inn
6161 E Benson Hwy
Tucson, AZ 85756
520-574-0191

I could not find the web site for it. It's about 10 miles from the race Track. Thats about all I know.
Even better. The rooms are $49.95/night with two queen size beds. The only problem is she said she doesn't take reservations and that she'll have plenty of rooms that weekend.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
You know, on there web site they show cycling racing and none of them are wearing pads just bicycle helmets. And then they say long pants, shirts and closed shoes required, but helmets are optional? That was in there kart rental thing I think. I am sure having a motor makes a difference though.

I contacted Charlie at P1 & Roland, never got a straight answer, P1 said "bring your gear" Roland said "thats a good question"

I am starting to believe that a helmet is a must and pads are optional. I do not have any pads, if they let me ride the track great, if not oh well, I will still have fun meeting and hanging out and watching.

Attachments

mabman

Oct 4, 2008
In the wind
Wow that is a long range weather forecast! I guess it pretty much is always like that in April though so they just past up the big orange ball and put a 90 by it and if they are wrong they won't be wrong by much. Not like the places where that time of year it can be 60 one day and 30 the next (and snowing).

I was curious though if there are any plans for something other than the racetrack? I know originally a few 30 or so milers were mentioned and for those that don't care about racing perhaps a little tour would be in order? Even in the cool of the evening as it stays light out pretty late now? I am not sure about coming yet but would like to if there was something else going on besides standing around in the hot sun watching Easy Rider mop up the track.

For those that can't make it I sure hope someone has a video camera going.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
rotfl I am just guessing about the weather. The weather does change drastic here in AZ. It could be in the 60's or well over 100. it's only 15 days away.

I guess if we want a rally around Tucson we just have to do it on are own. Maybe the morning of or even the next day?

I am glad to see the racing off the streets of Tucson, that was just asking for trouble.

Mrakulous

Mar 9, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I'm am going. Just waiting for machine shop to finish up my motor. Then home boy to make my mount. I hope to have new cables by the 18th. I'm working on getting the bike complete while it is on downtime. See y'all there.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I'm debating about de-restricting and advancing the Whizzer. Quenton gave some confusing advice about that with a 2000 model. I'm concerned about riding it in the summer heat after the "mods", which are supposed to make it run hotter. I've been wondering about putting a 12 volt pancake fan on the frame under the tank and direct the air onto the top of the engine. That may help when I'm not rolling, maybe not.
Quenton? :D

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
I am getting excited to get there. I talked to Easy Rider and his frame building racing buddy Dean. Three are coming from The Bay area in central California. I am going down with my son and datz510 so we shall have fun. I wonder what states will be represented? I hope this gets to be a nice showing. How big has it been in the past years and is this the 5th annual one? AzBill or Vinnie have been there for a few years I think.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
It was cool talking with you today Lenny. I'm pretty stoked about the Spooky Tooth race. I was thinking we should have a get together BBQ or pizza and beer after the races. I think it would be cool hanging out and shoot the breeze with my forum buddies.