So near yet so far.

GoldenMotor.com

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
All right I have almost everything installed now except the muffler. The combined problem is that the muffler when installed will be right up against the motor mounts and that pipe is a lot stronger than it looks. I can't seem to find a way to apply enough leverage to bend the sucker a couple of degrees. I am open to suggestions!

One more thing: 6 HOUR INSTALL MY FUZZY BUTT!!!!!!!!! :-||

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hi finfan. Lots of folks know how to better then I how to do it. As a last resort, a muffler shop would be glad to help ya. I find they love MBs and the whole shop stops working to check out your bike.

Mine was just a wee bit off and the peddle was just barely touching it. I kicked it, snork. Not that I am suggesting that. I have used a rubber mallet successfully as well for small "adjustments" Be sure to use joint compound.

"One more thing: 6 HOUR INSTALL MY FUZZY BUTT!!!!!!!!!" LOL 80ccs, gets 250 MPG and the check is in the mail. rotfl

Looking forward to your pics.

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
My six hour install took a week and i am retired and had all day everyday to work on it. Even then I got it wrong.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Put a piece of re-bar or something in the end & stand on the other & BEND IT !!! (you only need to bend it a little!) I've done it before.
The easiest solution is usually the best!!!

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Put a piece of re-bar or something in the end & stand on the other & BEND IT !!! (you only need to bend it a little!) I've done it before.
The easiest solution is usually the best!!!
Ayup. when I started on this road of strange addiction, I handled the engine with kit gloves. Now I am not above kicking and hammering. The China girls are pretty amazing things. If you normally run them at cruising speed and not WOT they last and live a good long life. They are tuff lil motors and do more then they should. VB is right. Whats the worst that can happen?

Cool thing I learned a while ago, if you run the exhaust threw a radiator hose, it sounds like a much larger engine with a thumping sound. Might be flammable though. But I have never had a muffler catch fire. Sound is really cool.

Merlin

Sep 17, 2008
FWIW my install actually did take about 6 hours. . .

... but then, that's not counting the fact that it just plain would not fit in the first frame, so I had to go and buy another bike...

[anyone want to buy a Kmart bike? ridden less than 1KM?]

macimpala

Jun 8, 2008
Kimberly,WI
Working at a pattern shop I have access to many things. When I needed that extra clearance for the exhaust pipe I got fancy and made an alum block to bolt up to the flange, put that In the Vise and attacked it with the torch ...Bent like a
charm